Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All
Brother in law just bought a 2010 Ford Super Duty. This should make for interesting conversation since it is the first ford truck in the family. I already threw down the gauntlet for a drag race. I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
id watch out if its the 6.4 alot of guys say they are pretty quick. but id race him anyway and still rag on him about it being a ford lol

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Your trucks stock?? That damn Ferd might beat ya... hate to say it

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
A stock ford won't beat a stock duramax. As long as the year is pretty much equal. Lmm stock will beat a stock 6.4 so will an lbz.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Stock for stock, the Duramax will RAPE the Ford. Never was impressed with how the 6.4 ran stock.

Now, deleted and with a good tune....watch out. While I've not yet run into a tuned 6.4, I've heard enough stories and seen enough vids to know, they f'n move

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Yeah if you run into a 6.4 with a spartan or SCT tune you better watch the hell out. They are very fast. Nothin a hot EFI live tune wont wipe off the road though.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
They are quick. A guy I know has an 08 with a 275 Spartan tune, intake, and 5 inch exhaust and we were pretty equal on my 200 horse EFI Live tune. From a dead stop I could have pulled him but we were rolling already and didnt start even at all so it was kind of off anyway, but they were pretty close.

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
A stock ford won't beat a stock duramax. As long as the year is pretty much equal. Lmm stock will beat a stock 6.4 so will an lbz.
I agree with you.. I drove a stock 2010 6.4 last week and it has nothing on a stock duramax. I threw my old edge tuner on level 3 in it for a buddy and he loved the difference. I still wasn't impressed though.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Yeah if you run into a 6.4 with a spartan or SCT tune you better watch the hell out. They are very fast. Nothin a hot EFI live tune wont wipe off the road though.
Spartan tuned with a down pipe, 5'' straight piped, intake runs 12.8's on the 310 tune. I get walked.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Stock for stock, Duramax wins like others have said. I raced my friends SCT Tuned 2008 6.4 with my 2008 LMM and Robs 110 Tune and got my ass handed to me by a truck length. spank

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I've raced a few Spartan tuned and SCT tuned trucks....very quick for what they are. usually running 8.1-8.3 in the 1/8th.

Havent been beat by one yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The 6.4 is pretty stout, no doubt. 1200+ on spray, stock internals...

But, the Duramax would still be my pick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts