Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to diesel trucks and I've been shopping around quite a bit. i found a 2003 Sierra 2500 EXTENDED CAB with 175k on it for $13k, I am interested in this vehicle but i have a few questions that maybe some of you can help me with. One, how much longer can this vehicle last? Two, is there anyone that can run a vin check for me because i am trying to look at this truck before it disappears if its in good shape but i don't wanna waste my time driving to the dealership if its crap.

i realize that there is a vin check section to post in but it won't let me because i am knew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The VIN is : 1GTHK29163E201574

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
376 Posts
Where in nc are you from? Before buying any truck I like to check for stored trouble codes. On a duramax I would check the injector balance rates as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where in nc are you from? Before buying any truck I like to check for stored trouble codes. On a duramax I would check the injector balance rates as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm in Greenville . If the injectors have been replaced could they fail again or is it the stock injectors that are faulty ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
welcome to DF!
my 2003 has 268k miles and runs awesome the injectors were changed once and havnt had any problems with them since.

·
Registered
49 Posts
welcome to DF!
my 2003 has 268k miles and runs awesome the injectors were changed once and havnt had any problems with them since.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts