Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a used 06 2wd duramax about a year ago. it beats driving my old 89 sub, ecspecially all the nice creature comforts. although there are two plugged hoses coming off the plenum box??? (in middle off engine and say duramx on it.. lol) its completly stock.

just put new 265/75/16 michilin a/t tires on it yesterday. took a 180 mile jaunt to sacramento today and at 1850 rpm or so (roughly 72 mph) my hand calculated gas milage was 18.1. on way back at between 1750 and 1800 or just a hair below (roughly 68 mph) my gas milage was 20.2 hand calc'd .

interested in gas milage more then anything. been reading killerbees information. thinking about what mod to do next.

now, just need 19 more post before i can ask for VIN check.. lol

ty
dean

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Info

just purchased a used 06 2wd duramax about a year ago. it beats driving my old 89 sub, ecspecially all the nice creature comforts. although there are two plugged hoses coming off the plenum box??? (in middle off engine and say duramx on it.. lol) its completly stock.

just put new 265/75/16 michilin a/t tires on it yesterday. took a 180 mile jaunt to sacramento today and at 1850 rpm or so (roughly 72 mph) my hand calculated gas milage was 18.1. on way back at between 1750 and 1800 or just a hair below (roughly 68 mph) my gas milage was 20.2 hand calc'd .

interested in gas milage more then anything. been reading killerbees information. thinking about what mod to do next.

now, just need 19 more post before i can ask for VIN check.. lol

ty
dean
Killerbee has a lot of great information, but check around and get all the details before spending the cash. Don't believe everything you read, check around talk to a few Duramax owners, and read the threads. Good luck with your truck....so far your mileage isn't that bad....keep it around 68 mph and you just might hit 24 mpg....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
welcome to the df

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
welcome to the DF

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the DF

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all,

ill be sure to do research, right now im concentrating on getting my drag car finished. so that is taking up the discretionary income. its not really a car though... its a volkswagen.. (joke)

ill deffinantly do some reading, been doing a lot already. lot of knowledgable people here, lot of posts, lot of valuable information and research to cifer through. A very good friend has a 07 4wd duramax and he has done a few mods already. we talk about the various options out there.

it will either be an intake mod (maybe banks) or cat back setup (banks prob).

ty
dean

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Welcome to the fourm. I wish I could get that kind of MPG. I cant keep my foot out of it enough LOL

·
Registered
17,251 Posts
Welcome to DF.

Things NOT to get:

Duramileage (retarded MPG claims and does not work, save your money)
Banks intake and exhaust (stock exhaust with the PPE mod will be just fine. Diamond eye or MBRP works, and is cheap)
K&N intakes (mind as well have no air filter on at all)

If your looking for MPG's, you will want the cheapest product that wil pay itself off in XXX number of miles with XXX amoutn of gallons used. Banks intake and exhaust will only lengthen that time frame.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
question.. my vin code for engine says its an LLY.. the door sticker says its made in 07/05.. so do i research under 4.5-5 lly or 6-7.5 lly/lbz?

it has the six speed in it.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
LLY LBZ if it has the 6 speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.