Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My name is Jim and I currently reside in J-action-ville North Carolina

I don't currently own a duramax, but I will be getting one in the next few weeks, as the wiff told me I had to get my greasy engine crap out of the house. So I'm getting a bigger truck to haul the trailer I need to haul that stuff and my car.

I've already been browsing the forums for a couple of weeks reading up on what to expect, and this seems like a pretty cool place.

I'm grateful for the info on the site and I look forward to talking with y'all!

Jim

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome! Im just up the road in Goldsboro, NC. Fiance' has a house down at Topsail Island.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome! I was actually born in Jacksonville. Got a place in Swansboro right down the road.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome man! used to live in Morehead City, when I was with the girl while in the marines love it up there! and are they done with the 24 bypass bridges yet?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome! Also from NC!

- Adam

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Welcome man not to far from you Snow Hill, NC. Have you already found a duramax or still looking around?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SZExtreme- The Bypass is complete from 17 near the 17/western intersection all the way to the 24/17 split down by new river (don't know how recent you're knowledge is) and they are currently beginning construction on the stretch of the 17 bypass that will swing around the other side of town and completely bypass jacksonville

NCDuramax05- I have a couple trucks I'm looking at, but they are out west due to price. I'm still open though if you know of someone selling one local for a good price.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and I'm sure I'll have questions aplenty once i finally get my hands on a D-max and start figuring out it's peculiarities.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the knee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't complain too bad, I'm getting almost 30k in severance money and a check from the VA for the rest of my life. But I do still wish my knee wouldn't have tore up, I've got 6.5 years in at this point.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF and good luck with your search !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome from Hubert, sorry to hear about the knee. Just imagine what another 14 years would have done to the rest of your body though, it may be a blessing in disguise. I have a lot of buddies who aren't doing so well physically after 20 plus years of doing crazy stuff in the military. Good luck on the Duramax hunt, are you looking at new or used?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[email protected] Oh, I'm well aware of what another 14 years could have done to me lol. That still doesn't change the fact that I wanted to do that 14 more lol
I wish I could look new, but my budget is going to put me in the 01-03 range if I want low miles, and just about anything with more then 200k. So either old or very, very used lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts