Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a o4 Duramax should I be worried about the new fuel that is going to be coming out.
Will my truck run on the new fuel? And do you guys think the old fuel will cost alot more then the new stuff. I have not seen the new fuel in PA yet so I am not sure when it will be here. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
96 Posts
get a good diesel additive for every fill up and you'll be ok. standadyne or power services are very reputable and safe. power services is sold at every wal-mart and had a new formula for ulsd. the price for the fuel is not supposed to go up from what i've heard. rumor has it by the end of jan '07 all pumps will have the ulsd.

·
Registered
96 Posts
well yeah there supposed to be. but my worry is that they'll only be adding the bare minimum to meet requirements. i dunno guess i'd rather be safe than sorry. a guy can buy alot of fuel additive for what an injector pump costs. just my $ .02.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
When is the new fuel going to be coming out and should I be useing the diesel additive. If I should use the additive should I use it every tank.
I realy like this truck and I am afraid I am going to do something wrong and mess it up so thanks for all of the help you guys have gave me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
New fuel is out in alot of places. It will be everywhere over the next year or so. Additives.. depends who you ask. Some say you do and some say you dont. We, in KY, are on the ulsd and i dont use additives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts