Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just purchased a 2007 GMC classic style with the duramax/allison powertrain. So far I love it except for the gas mileage. Iv'e only been getting around 12 with it but have heard once summer comes it should get better. Look forward to learning what I can do for some upgrades.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrts on the new ride! YOur fuel milage should get a git better as the truck get a few miles on it and should get even better once winter blend fuels leave the stations! Other than that a mild HP performance tune would up the milage a bit!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
new GMC

I just purchased a new 2007 ( classic ) K2500 , 6.6 box , allison 6 spd, ext cab , as well .:drink
My last truck was a 95 GMC K2500 standard 5 spd, long box. I used it for towing a 23 foot Arctic Fox 5 th wheel. It worked really well ( 420 lbs torque ) , Im looking forward to seeing how the new truck tows the trailer on some larger hills , etc.
If this is your first diesel ( I also have a Jetta diesel ) , you will never go back to having a gas engine again.
Ive only had my new GMC for 3 days . Just had it undercoated and shes still a little damp , so shes in the garage . The allison seems to be very nice. The wife wanted our next truck to be an extended cab and auto , and after looking at Dodge and GMC and doing a little online investigating , I chose a GMC again.
:gearjamin
fenmor , in Vancouver

·
Registered
29 Posts
my dealer just reprogrammed my computer, and i just drove it around 250miles today, and know i am getting around 18.6 to 19 miles per gallon. i was only getting before they reprogrammed it 11.8 on the highway. i have the edge w/attiude, afe stage 2 intake, and a 4in magnaflow exhaust with no cat or muffler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts