Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll! New guy from Alabama here. 02 Chevy 2500HD. Love the truck and the ride.....It has new injectors and return lines running a Hypertech that came with it and I was wondering if anyone has ever used sea foam in their Duramax? Ive used it in gas burners to clean the valves and such and would swear by it...Their website says to fill the fuel filter with it and it cleans the injectors back to like new...Just curious if anyone has tried...

·
Waldo
788 Posts
I used it in the past but never on my Dmax. But I used it in my powerstroke. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Ya'll! New guy from Alabama here. 02 Chevy 2500HD. Love the truck and the ride.....It has new injectors and return lines running a Hypertech that came with it and I was wondering if anyone has ever used sea foam in their Duramax? Ive used it in gas burners to clean the valves and such and would swear by it...Their website says to fill the fuel filter with it and it cleans the injectors back to like new...Just curious if anyone has tried...
I haven't had my Dmax long but I've been using it about every other tank...had a couple of Autozone guys recommend it, plus I used it in all my gas burners. Where in Alabama are you from? I just moved from Oneonta to out here in NE.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum....never used sea foam....

·
Registered
419 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Vendor
10,966 Posts
Welcome to DF. I have heard both good and bad about Sea Foam. Personally have not used it. I think it has a lot of alcohol in it. If it does, I would not recommend it for your fuel system as alcohol will dry things out where you are actually looking for lubrication for your injectors and fuel pump.

Are you looking for a product to clean your fuel system or your engine block at the next oil change. Either way, AMSOIL offer a Diesel Fuel Additive and they also offer a new engine and transmission flush. I use the fuel concentrate and their cetane booster in every tank with good success I might add. Improved starts, smoother idle, better fuel economy and peace of mind I am doing something to help my injectors.

If I can help with either of these products don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum....:drink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses. I work full time for the national guard and we have always used transmission fluid in our cat fuel filters when we change them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts