Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up Everyone,
I just bought my first duramax about a week ago and decided that this would be a good starting point to get some ideas on it. I bought a 2007.5 2500HD Silverado LTZ all i have to say is wow. I have always been a powerstroke fan, but i must say this is a pretty dang good truck.

I also need some help on what works and what doesnt with these LMM diesels. I know that i want a 5" Turbo Back exhaust with a programmer to turn off the dpf crap. I am not looking for a lot of power since the truck is my daily driver but some power would be nice and to blow some black smoke all over those stupid dodge owners would be great. If anyone can help please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
welcome to the df!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i will get some pics up of my truck asap

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!! :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Whats Up Everyone,
I just bought my first duramax about a week ago and decided that this would be a good starting point to get some ideas on it. I bought a 2007.5 2500HD Silverado LTZ all i have to say is wow. I have always been a powerstroke fan, but i must say this is a pretty dang good truck.

I also need some help on what works and what doesnt with these LMM diesels. I know that i want a 5" Turbo Back exhaust with a programmer to turn off the dpf crap. I am not looking for a lot of power since the truck is my daily driver but some power would be nice and to blow some black smoke all over those stupid dodge owners would be great. If anyone can help please feel free to chime in.
depends how much u wanna spend. i have an 08 lmm with 4" strait pipe, turbo back, no cat, no muffler, no dpf and use the quadzilla stealth 2 for tuning. blows smoke and runs pretty good seeing as i only have $400 in total for all that. alotta wheeelin and dealin. but i'd prefer efi live with dsp 5:rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
welcome to DF lots of info

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
welcome, where in CO are you located?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
depends how much u wanna spend. i have an 08 lmm with 4" strait pipe, turbo back, no cat, no muffler, no dpf and use the quadzilla stealth 2 for tuning. blows smoke and runs pretty good seeing as i only have $400 in total for all that. alotta wheeelin and dealin. but i'd prefer efi live with dsp 5:rolleyes:
Yeah I am basically looking at a 5" exhaust, turbo back, no cat, no muffler with a quadzilla tuner as well. how is the quadzilla? I am not looking for crazy hp or anything i need it to be very dependable. anyone know any good deals where i can get these?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the welcomes, it really makes a guy feel right at home. I live in Grand Junction, and slave away in the oil fields.

·
Registered
406 Posts
:rockin

Can't be that oil business :rof My dad and brother also work for an oil company

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome to the DF.

You'll find tons of info to make your mods the best fit for you. Everyone is great around here.

Keep all your stock emissions equipment (intake and the full exhaust system), sooner or later CO will have smog tests. It's expensive to replace, stick the old stuff in the attic, basement or barn. Then switch it out when you need to pass a test.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome to the DF.

You'll find tons of info to make your mods the best fit for you. Everyone is great around here.

Keep all your stock emissions equipment (intake and the full exhaust system), sooner or later CO will have smog tests. It's expensive to replace, stick the old stuff in the attic, basement or barn. Then switch it out when you need to pass a test.

I agree!

Welcome to Colorado. I would suggest using EFI Live. It will fit all your tuning needs from 30 HP up to what ever amount of HP your pocket can handle. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i am definitely going to keep all that stuff around. just in case

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome to the Duramax Forum....Don't forget to fill out your signature..Please read over the rules and regulations,and if you have any questions or comments,please do not hesitate to contact a staff member!:drink:drink

1 - 20 of 20 Posts