Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say Kansas/North Dakota because I live back in Kansas, but am going to school at UND up here in Grand Forks.

I currently don't have a duramax, but really want to get into one. I currently have a 1996 K1500 Z-71 with the 5.7 vortec and working on full bolt ons, along with a custom tune. All original 85k miles. Bought her with 36k on it.

I'm naturally looking at LB7's, because they are less expensive, but the whole injector problems kind of scare me away. I'd really like to pick one up with the 6-speed manual, but would take an Allison.

Anyways, great site!

·
Registered
582 Posts
God luck on your hunt. I would highly reccommend the Ally if you do any kind of towing. It is a dream to tow with!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome to the DF

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well i live in Kansas as well. Welcome to the forum:drink wat area of kansas?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sure do!! I got some friends from there. im from Scott City if you know where that is. western kansas

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some pics of my current ride. I swore I'd never sell it, but the more I learn about Duramax's, I must have one haha.

These were from a quick car wash job

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure do!! I got some friends from there. im from Scott City if you know where that is. western kansas

Sweet, yup sure do. Anyways, I'm from a tiny town named Robinson about 7-8 miles Southeast of Hiawatha. Usually have to tell people Hiawatha for reference:rof

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thats a sharp truck here is my 98 yeah crummy phone pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Cool enough Not too many people from kansas on here not seem like

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
just 285/75/r16

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
LOL yeah i like them tho got 70000 miles out of them the truck has 255,000 now

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a tad over 40k out of my STT's. Great for a mud tire, or so I think.

This new set isn't wearing near as good, as I spend 600+miles on I-29 with the cruise set on 80. It'll still average almost 20mpg if there's no wind though.

I've already been through a transmission with this too. Damn 60e's...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ya the funny thing is tho mine has never been gone into it has surprised me cause seems like most of them have been gone out before now

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya the funny thing is tho mine has never been gone into it has surprised me cause seems like most of them have been gone out before now
Whew. You're lucky.:drink

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.