Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the truck a few hours ago. Really happy with my purchase so far. I do have one question that I should have asked when I bought it :poke[1]: What is this selector switch? I'm guessing its where it has...or had a tune on it where you could select difference performance outputs. If that is what it is...how can I tell if it has been returned to stock or if the tune is still installed?
Looking forward to being part of the site!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sweet truck! Miles and other mods etc? That switch is a DSP5 switch used for switching between tunes with EFI live. If it’s still tuned you should be able to rotate the switch to different positions and notice a difference in how it drives. Have fun! Welcome! Where in NC?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Appears to be the selector switch to change between tunes.(DSP5 switch I think.) If it is you should be able to track the wires to the computer in the engine compartment which will confirm it's identity. If it is a tune switch turn it up to 3 and road test it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome.. there are tons of us diesel guys local in NC. Hit up carolinadieseltrucks.com and like our facebook page if you're interested. We meet up pretty much once a month and do all sorts of stuff.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...I'll check in the morning....I've had a Mustang with a SCT tune but I had a programmer that came with it. If there is tune on the truck ...do they normally have a programmer so you can return it to stock (and unlock the programmer).

M3Killer: I'll definitely check out the site.

·
Registered
225 Posts
nope -- not factory :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
No sir on the gauges . You appear to have efilive with a dsp5 switch. Hard to tell who's tunes you have but hopefully for your sale they are good ones. What are the other mods donee to it? I love black trucks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sir on the gauges . You appear to have efilive with a dsp5 switch. Hard to tell who's tunes you have but hopefully for your sale they are good ones. What are the other mods donee to it? I love black trucks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
As far as I know that is all the mods. Do the tuners usually tune the vehicle and not give the customer a programmer?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What's the guys name that you bought the truck from? I can ask around the tuners that I know here in NC and let you know who tuned it. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
As far as I know that is all the mods. Do the tuners usually tune the vehicle and not give the customer a programmer?
EFI Live doesn't have to have a hand help system. It can be downloaded straight from the tuner's laptop.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would email the biggest tuners your vin and tell them your situation and maybe with some luck it was rob, nick, or kory.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i personally would buy an efilive v2 and download a stock tune to flash back to stock, from there get good tunes put on it!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts