Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after many years and driving Diesels for work I finally have my own.

This is mostly a fun and towing truck. Got it to pull my camper down the road. The gasser wasn't bad, but fuel mileage at best with the camper hovered around 6 to 7, and only got about 13 empty. Already seeing a noticeable difference in this one, plus it was nice having the extra power to pass somebody on Afton mountain a few weeks ago. So far no regrets on getting it.

Picked it up April 1, wasn't an April fools joke but allowed me to play one. I had ordered it to get one a certain color to match the camper shell on my existing 2500 gasser. I got to the dealership before the wife and had the salesman call her (friend of ours for years) and tell her the truck came in the wrong color and was green. I had a green truck when we met and she hated that color, especially when it died and the replacement was the same color. She did not think the joke was funny. The salesman and I found it rather hilarious.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Welcome bro

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Welcome, nice little joke to play. What part of VA you in?

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
welcome from Chesapeake,VA

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live 15 minutes from the lake for the last 10 years and I've never been other than to cross over into Spotsylvania county.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
haha damn, i go down a few times each summer, have some friends with houses.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts