Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, folks.

I'd like to start by saying thank you to all of the helpful members here. I've been lurking since I got into the market for a diesel pickup and this place has been awesome.

I'm in Arkansas and I picked up a clean, two owner 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4X4 CCSB with 150K miles on June 4th. I have always owned GM vehicles (and one 1971 Dodge D100) so I knew I'd be looking at a Duramax. After researching here and other forums, I narrowed down my criteria to a 2005-2007 with no real preference between GMC or Chevrolet and was pretty open with color options with the exception of black. I found my truck and, after inspection, I knew I'd be hard-pressed to find a cleaner example in my price range so I jumped all over it.

My truck has been in Arkansas since new (all within 30 minutes of me) and both previous owners appear to have been meticulous with maintenance from what the Carfax report shows. I'm not certain, but I believe the second owner passed away and his wife or other relative sold the vehicle to the Ford dealership where I purchased it. The title was signed with a POA and it is very clearly a "grandpa truck".

I use my truck for work and it lives an easy life with me pulling between 4500-6500 pounds daily. Honestly, I don't think the truck even knows that it has a trailer behind it. It was 100% bone stock when I purchased it. It did already have fifth wheel rails so that's a nice plus for future trailers. My mods thus far have been simple and conservative since I do rely on my truck to make money (and I'm extremely old-school despite my age).

I'm running Rotella T6 15w40 with ACDelco PF2232 oil filter, ACDelco TP3018 fuel filter, Allison 29539579 spin on filter, Shell Spirax S6 ATF A295 and OptiLube XPD. The only modifications I've made thus far are Rough Country rear wheel well liners, S&B Turbo Inlet Mouthpiece and MBRP 4" S6004P exhaust system. So far, I'm loving the truck.

Anywho, great to be here and I look forward to getting to know some of you and contributing what I can to the forum.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took a trip into town earlier and thought I'd better throw up some pictures here. We've had rain this week so the truck is dirty but it's a work truck so that'll happen.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the site from a fellow Arkie!!!!

Reactions: DuramaxNWA

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
That is a Clean Machine!

This thread may be of interest to you as a new owner:

Reactions: DuramaxNWA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a Clean Machine!

This thread may be of interest to you as a new owner:

Thanks for linking that. It was a good read and well put together. Very helpful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts