Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Looking at either a Duramax or a cummins for a tow rig. Looking around $20000-22500. Just started the research and this should be fun. :)

Mav

·
Registered
34 Posts
What kind've setup are you hunting? 4x4 or 2wd regular cab or crew or ext?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Sweet. Theres actually a few people on here trying to sell them in the for sale section. In your price range your probably gonna find an older dmax with low miles or a newer one with a ton of miles. Just dont forget the big thing is at 100,000 miles the GM waranty is up for the injectors. However, in the 02's I think GM extended the waranty because of alot of problems they where having. :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
just was on there web site http://www.chevrolet.com/warranty/ ,i think this covers all gm product but i know the earlier(LB7)duramax the warranty was extended on the engine,i was told by a friend it is extended to 120,000 but i'm not positive about that.about the dodge a good friend of mine bought a 06 dodge quad cab dually with cr610 cummins and he had it to the dealer 4 times the first time it was for the maf another time it was for a new clutch i forget what the rest was all about.the truck has 12,000 miles on it now.ps WELCOME ABOARD

·
Registered
34 Posts
MadMav your finding some good info quick. The Allison came with the Dmax in 01

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mav, You should be able to find a hauler in that price range. You can probably find a newer Dodge than GM. A friend of mine only buys used dodge trucks because " they are everywhere, cheap, and he doesn't have to drive them." I was a die hard Dodge fan until I started driving my 06. Now I wouldn't go back. The D Max is the quietest diesel on the road and GM has the most comfortable cab available. Between the ride, Bose and XM the miles just go by.
Good Luck,
Vern

·
Registered
20 Posts
GM has a better ride. In my opinion dodge seats and interior are better. Easier and cheaper to work on a cummins(in the rare occasion it needs work) Dodge automatic sucks for towing, 6 speed rocks though, cant beat it. Allison is an awesome tranny. Cant beat the low end grunt of the cummins. After working on a cousins 07 dmax I have to say it is much easier to mod a dodge cummins. good luck you wont regret either truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After working on a cousins 07 dmax I have to say it is much easier to mod a dodge cummins.

Just curious what mod you did to a 07 that wasn't easy to put on? I would say that they are both easy to get to a non streetable/towable limit at 600HP.

What kind've tractor do you pull?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So far I only put bully dog triple dog and outlook monitor, and a egr blocker on it. Its not that its harder or more expensive, But after you do similar stuff to a cummins where everything is much more accesible. i hate sticking my hands in tight places and getting skin chunked off! I have a case, we pull 11000 to 15500 lb farmstock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.