Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the site. Seriously considering buying either a Silverado or a Duramax Crew Cab 4x4. Looking for suggestions from you guys. Anything to avoid? Something I definitely should look for? I don't want to go any older than an 2003, but would like to stick with a 06 and up due to the higher HP engine and 6-spd Allison tranny. Any info you guys have would be great. Thanks!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome abaord...i have a 06 2500HD LBZ and i love it,that 6speed ally takes the cake and it handles extra hp alot better then the 05 and older,if i was buying another truck i would't buy anything older then the 06..i do have a 05 LLY dually and it is great but the tranny doesn't hold the gears near as nice as the 06 does plus runnin 70 it is right at 1700rpm verses the 05 is right a 2000rpm.........if you haven't bought a truck yet there is a 06 forsale in the forsale section http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224 ....just my experience with the duramax...ps it is a awesome diesel:rockin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts