Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new head unit for my 01 LB7. I was wondering if there was a stock amp (I cant find) that i need to rip out? Do I need to run new speaker wire to the doors? Do I get a wiring harness and just go to town on the install?

Also I wanted to put a single Kicker L7 10" in the back hidden. Is there a pre-made box I should purchase? (I cant find one for a L7) or should I just build one myself?

Can you guys show me your sub enclosures?

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
even with the bose amp option you still just use the standard harness and plug the radio in, if theres a second harness behind the radio (1 row, maybe 8 ish wires wide) you will need to connect the pink wire in that harness to the blue/white wire on the new radio (thats the amp turn on) there are prefab boxes, IIRC qlogic makes a couple options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Subthump makes nice boxes that custom fit under the rear seat for single or dual sub setups. You can't fit a 10" L7 in the box, but you can fit the 8". I have two 8" L7's and it is perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.