Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , curious to know if anyone has updated there stock Lml turbo. I’m looking at a Danville 65mm stage 2 but wondering if I’m in the right direction and with the right company . I don’t tow often at most once a week less then 3 tons . Just want a little boost in power and be reliable. I’m tuned by motorops with trans tuning , cp3 conv, fully deleted with a lift pump... also wondering if it’s worth just upgrading the turbo or saving up for twins. Thank you !

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I just did a Dans Performance 66mm stage 2
LOVE IT !

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Spoils better than stock and digs down low like no other ! I was going to do twins but changed my mind. Did the WCFab high flow bundle and the 66mm I’m highly impressed !

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DRAElectrician Love the truck bro. Thank you for the response. Have a few questions for you . Do you notice a significant power difference behind the wheel ? Did you do install yourself ? Also do I need to alter my tunes ?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Very Noticeable I mean very lol !

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Mark at Danville is one of the best. That turbo would work well with your setup and yes you would want MotorOps to update your tunes.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I had a very reputable mechanic install my setup, it’s a very noticeable difference in power I mean a lot ! The only issue I have is the turbo is LOUD I mean this thing whistles like no other. I had tuning to complement the turbo but I was told drop in turbos will run as is I’m not sure but I can tell you mine will roll the tires doing 30mph it’s insane and I have 0 smoke it’s very clean.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Anything above stock size will need tuning updates to run at its best. Danville, wold, and dans are all good choices. I used to not like dans but theyve come along way. I blew one of theirs up in 5k miles. It was used with good radial and axial shaft play but i wss pushing it hard

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Hay Gorilla what’s up ! Yeah I took your advice on my Dans but lifetime warranty I figured I couldn’t go wrong but time will tell. Krenshaw tunes it all and it’s a beast well to me lol 😂 it’s not a Huge single like you prefer lol 😂

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Most stuff blake tunes is a beast 😉
Glad you are happy with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate the reply guys. Sounds like I’m going to go with the 65 stage 2 Danville.. calling them up Monday and will update how it goes. Thank you all!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Good deal I’m sure you will love it that was my other option are I was thinking RDS turbo he seems to be getting a following. Let me know how it goes !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts