Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall im new here on df and have a few questions. ive got all the upgrades in my signiture but am not happy. i talked to a guy in a near by town and he said that i wasnt making the horsepower i should be. he suggested a lift pump at bare minimum. i was looking at the air dog 2's but i dont understand how they work. and i dont like putting things on my truck unless i know how they work. what makes them so good and what is it going to do to mpg?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also my tranny is starting to slip and in between 4th to 5th i guess it goes into whats called a "limp mode..." any suggestions on rebuild kits? id like to hold somewhere around 700-800 hp. any ideas?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF! A lift pump pushes fuel like a fuel pump on a gas motor we do not have one factory our trucks use the CP3 to suck fuel to the system and in high horsepower tunes it can not keep up I know others will chime in with even more info

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks. i also hear about the dual cp3. looked it up but not sure if that would be better than a lift pump. way more expensive but is it worth the price difference?

·
Registered
897 Posts
No, you do not need another CP3 unless you plan on building your motor. AirDog II is what you need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would it be efficient at 800hp?

·
Registered
587 Posts
you dont need a lift pump your trans is the problem the engine seems to have no power. when the trans starts to slip it derates the engine to keep from damaging the trans and engine. rebuild the trans then worry if you still have the low power problem. i have a fleet of 56 trucks with cat c7s with allison 2000s behind them. when the trans goes they do the same thing low power. sets all kind of codes. and doesnt want to go any where.

but thats just my 2 cents

also my tranny is starting to slip and in between 4th to 5th i guess it goes into whats called a "limp mode..." any suggestions on rebuild kits? id like to hold somewhere around 700-800 hp. any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. any suggestions on a kit? and would i need billet input and output shafts to safely hold 700-800hp?

·
Registered
587 Posts
thanks. any suggestions on a kit? and would i need billet input and output shafts to safely hold 700-800hp?
if your only going to build a 800 hp id say stage 4 but id spend the extra money and go for a stage 5 to make sure there are no problems with the trans. im building my own trans to handle 800hp before i build the engine. im going with a stage 5 PPE kit with a triple disk converter and billit input.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would get an AirDog regardless of what you want to do with the truck because it filters better than the factory filter, and it takes the entrained air out of the fuel to give the engine pure diesel. Cheap insurance for expensive injectors and injection pump.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Air dog, and a Mike L. transmission type in his name, he's king!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. thankyou all for yalls advice. i greatly appreciate it. one last question... i heard a rumor about pistons that they cant hold with any more than 600hp. is this true?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts