Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just a quick question. I have an 06 duramax. I just picked :helpup a set a 10" wide 17s eagle alloys. just wondering if i can go with 285 70 17s without lifting or cutting to much?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Welcome to the DF! :drink

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Welcome..the should fit..i have 285 70 17's on mine..i did level it out though by cranking up the torsion keys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thats awesome. After the crank on the torsion did u need an alignment? Would i be better off getting 275's instead?Im thinking 265s would be to narrow.Oh ya i forgot to mention that these rims are -21 os

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i didnt do an alignment on mine after leveling mine..and it doesnt act like it needs one either..

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I cranked mine up on my half ton I should have gotten an alignment. My tires were cupping pretty bad. It cant hurt to get one anyway...Just my opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thank you to all for ur advice. I guess i'll giver a try with the 285s. the worst that could happen is that i gotta sell them. thanks again to all and thanks for the welcome :drink:drink

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
You might have to do some minor trimming, but they should fit...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts