Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just switched over from my 2500 8.1 to and 04 duramax and am
Loving it was just wondering about any ideas for it give it a bit more power.
Please post whatcha think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. and My trucks the wondrous lb7 bone stock except for my k&n filter and replaced injectors And from Weslaco texas

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum! EFI Live, exhaust, pump rub mod, lift pump to help save your injectors, and lastly replace that K&N filter with a good dry filter. Keep your filters changed.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Most people go with the following and are happy with the setup:

Efi live dsp5
Lift pump
Gauges/reader
Exhaust

Then slowly move on from there if you want. I would replace the k&n filter with s&b dry filter or stock, the k&n tend to he over oiled and can mess with your maf sensor.

I have efi through starlite diesel and am very happy with it. ATP trucks has great reviews as well.

I have a fass 150 titanium lift pump and haven't had any problems. It is quiet as well.

I have an edge inside cts, and I think it's the best setup unless your running with compound turbos or bigger hp. It's your opinion though.

Just go with the cheapest 4" straightpipe you can find IMO

Feel free to ask me any other questions you have

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thanks. and My trucks the wondrous lb7 bone stock except for my k&n filter and replaced injectors And from Weslaco texas
Good to know you already have the injectors replaced so no worrys there... I would start out with a full downpipe back 4" exhaust, then replace the K&N filter with a full S&B cold air intake system, and then EFI Live... If your interested in this stuff give my guy Phil at Georgia Diesel a call and tell him Troy sent you and he can get you some really good pricing on all of this stuff. He made my LB7 a night and a day difference... :thumb

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the help will be in touch
With you all in the forum. And is the k&n really that
Bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts