Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. im in the process of buying a 2006 gmc sierra 2500 hd crew cab 6.6 turbo diesel (lly apparently) from my father in law. it has 30000 miles on it now and this is the first diesel i will have owned. ive been driving it for about 2 weeks now and i love it. the only thing im not real happy with is the mpg. i wouldnt mind a little more power but it has more power than what i really need in a truck already. if anybody could give me some advice on mpg increase i would appreciate it!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum,congrats on the truck..you will love the way them diesels handle and ya you can increase the fuel economy and hp.first i would do a 304 or 409SS T/B Exhaust(Turbo Back Exhaust)and then a programmer and the best for the buck is the Diablo Sport Predator but the best of the best is the PPE Xcelerator..i gained roughly 2 to 3mpg(hand figured)over stock on my 06 doing just this,PPE and the exhaust..hope this helps.
pics would be nice

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks tyreboyz....ill work on gettin some pics up, probly friday or saturday before i can get some taken and loaded on here. as far as the exhause goes, it will be a little while before i can afford that but what is one of the best ones to get?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome brother

Hey everybody. im in the process of buying a 2006 gmc sierra 2500 hd crew cab 6.6 turbo diesel (lly apparently) from my father in law. it has 30000 miles on it now and this is the first diesel i will have owned. ive been driving it for about 2 weeks now and i love it. the only thing im not real happy with is the mpg. i wouldnt mind a little more power but it has more power than what i really need in a truck already. if anybody could give me some advice on mpg increase i would appreciate it!
Welcome to the forum. I have 2003 2500HD Duramax. I bought it new and love the mpg. After owning an old 3/4t '76 350 Chevy gasser for 20 some odd years, who would believe 18 average mpg from an crewcab truck? My old Chevy got 10 mpg on a good day! Oh, and by the way, I have a '69 in the garage too. Mine is a Camaro.:rockin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ratlon. yeah the gas mileage isnt too bad, my s-10 that i am getting rid of got about the same, maybe a couple more, but it has 55K miles on it and im havin some major issues with it so im just gonna dump it for whatever i can get. and camaros are sweet, my inlaws have a 69 camaro sittin in my garage right now. i thought about sellin my chevelle just cause i dont have the money to sink into it right now, but i just cant part with it.....and my wife would divorce me!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
yah even without the exhaust the programmer will amek a huge difference. my friend is too cheap to gget a exhaust but is still running a programmer with no problems

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input idrive. i think im gonna work on gettin the programer first, ill probly go with the diablo sport like tyreboyz suggested, its a little more affordable for me right now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts