Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a duramax. New to Chevy, always had a ford. So far so good! Trying to decide what kind of cool stuff I can do to my truck to make it look good. It's completely stock now. The first thing I will do is a leveling kit. Pics to come!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!Don't forget to fill out your signature.It helps to have a sig so everyone knows your rig as well as it's mods/info..:drink:drinkENJOY

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
welcome. glad you made the switch. just a heads up on the leveling. keys tend to give a rough ride and turning your torsion bars up will eat tires. even after alingment. did it to my jimmy and they were gone in a year. go for a full lift kit to save in the long run. and fit bigger tires if needed. just my 2cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried cranking up my torsion bars. Only got 3/4 in. in 5 turns. I'm kinda afraid to crank them any more to get the truck even. Don't know much about these torsion bars. Will I need a re-alignment after? Should I just have a leveling kit installed? I need something, the thing slopes to the front.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the DF

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome the information you get here is awsome. I do know that you do need an alignment when you turn you torsion keys. ask for help and you have numerious members that will help. Also check out the DIY part and search there for info.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
welcome to the df

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts