Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well if you read carefully you will see I did not say "batteries" anywhere because they are not the long term solution. There are other technologies in work as well. :) Just a note here you will see US coal production going down at a steady rate in fact from 2008 to 2016 down almost 38%. Natural gas will ultimately drive it into the ground because even in places where there is no natural gas infrastructure the reduced demand for coal where there is make mining costs more expensive paving the way for natural gas infrastructure to be built.

:) I would not get "run off" because I am on my own ranch. :) Now we are still drilling albeit slower drilled 10 vs the planned 30 and 10 fraqs so far this year with 2 mile laterals baby. Going to fraq 3 more next month we also sell a lot of water to the industry can pump 100k bbls a day. We are in the heart of the Wolfcamp :). Sorry but the area you are in has some low grade stuff that is high cost to produce and refine. That will never come back I am afraid. We have 20 new wells planned next year. Pads and roads going in during Late November.

Making hay while the sun shines as they say.. 15 years ago almost no activity where we are on the border with Texas north of Pecos south of Carlsbad.

Last 3 well fraq from this September. Went up in the cherry picker to take these. Lot of oil burners churning out more hp than most can imagine.

View attachment 1080933

lol ya? Ipassed a train yesterday that was over a mile long and every car was coal. That’s a couple a week that pass through our town which isn’t small.That’s a Burlington northern line as well. oil trains come through too. Point is coal will probably neverbe “driven into the ground” atleast not in our life time.
Also regardless of who’s oil is better or cleaner McKenzie county North Dakota is the top producing oil and gas county in our country atleast as of the beginning of this year and all the years prior to that for quite awhile. And then Texas is old wells and have produced the most over time.
If you had read closer I said nothing about your ranch bub. I said you come to North Dakota with an electric car and your getting ran off site with out a doubt. I have watched too many friends and their coworkers have their last meals together after stacking their rigs. They cry and hug and we all drink. It’s really sad and I speak for those guys on this lol there’s no way you would have a job after a week. Maybe they’re just rougher necked.
maybe its the -50 degree winters.

And I think you mean FRAC.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So wouldn’t this mean you insulted me at some point and I “ came back “ with a response?? This makes you look dumber. My comment was more of a statement and my entry to this whole thread. I read a bunch of your dumb ass comments and that’s why I posted that comment. I’m sorry you made that meme for me and it makes no sense. 😂
Whatever you say! I will laugh all the way to the bank! Sorry but guys such as yourself are a dime a dozen if you want to get down to the bottom line. :) Common labors I see and sometimes have run off myself for different reasons (equipment operators are in that category as well) as needed. As the old saying goes "oilfield trash" got to watch them.... Wolfcamp is where the money is right now. That is why the whole industry packed up and moved away from your area. That is a stone cold fact. :)

Coal is going the way of the "buggy whip" my friend and if you cannot see that then have fun in the poor house. Look at the Baker Hughes data for last week. Read it and weep. Sorry but facts do not lie. Texas and New Mexico own it baby. :)

Major State VariancesThis Week+/-Last Week+/-Year Ago
Alaska
2​
0​
2​
-6​
8​
California
4​
0​
4​
-10​
14​
Colorado
4​
-1​
5​
-20​
24​
Louisiana
38​
-2​
40​
-17​
55​
New Mexico
45​
0​
45​
-66​
111​
North Dakota
11​
1​
10​
-43​
54​
Ohio
6​
0​
6​
-5​
11​
Oklahoma
14​
2​
12​
-46​
60​
Pennsylvania
18​
0​
18​
-10​
28​
Texas
123​
7​
116​
-300​
423​
Utah
3​
3​
0​
-1​
4​
West Virginia
8​
1​
7​
-8​
16​
Wyoming
3​
2​
1​
-31​
34​

·
Registered
401 Posts
So exactly, for simple minds like mine, what does the above post have to do with an Electric Hummer?
Well it would possibly take even more data and it is out there---coal and oil are on a permanent consumption down trend and vehicles "like" the electric Hummer are here to stay. Now it remains to be seen if the battery powered vehicles will be around in 10 years or if they will be replaced with an even more advanced technology. For example, Hydrogen is a prime example of where EV's were 10 years ago and where the breakthrough's in energy source development will be seen.

Do I like it, no but there is nothing I can do to change it.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So wouldn’t this mean you insulted me at some point and I “ came back “ with a response?? This makes you look dumber. My comment was more of a statement and my entry to this whole thread. I read a bunch of your dumb ass comments and that’s why I posted that comment. I’m sorry you made that meme for me and it makes no sense. 😂

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Whatever you say! I will laugh all the way to the bank! Sorry but guys such as yourself are a dime a dozen if you want to get down to the bottom line. :) Common labors I see and sometimes have run off myself for different reasons (equipment operators are in that category as well) as needed. As the old saying goes "oilfield trash" got to watch them.... Wolfcamp is where the money is right now. That is why the whole industry packed up and moved away from your area. That is a stone cold fact. :)

Coal is going the way of the "buggy whip" my friend and if you cannot see that then have fun in the poor house. Look at the Baker Hughes data for last week. Read it and weep. Sorry but facts do not lie. Texas and New Mexico own it baby. :)

Major State VariancesThis Week+/-Last Week+/-Year Ago
Alaska
2​
0​
2​
-6​
8​
California
4​
0​
4​
-10​
14​
Colorado
4​
-1​
5​
-20​
24​
Louisiana
38​
-2​
40​
-17​
55​
New Mexico
45​
0​
45​
-66​
111​
North Dakota
11​
1​
10​
-43​
54​
Ohio
6​
0​
6​
-5​
11​
Oklahoma
14​
2​
12​
-46​
60​
Pennsylvania
18​
0​
18​
-10​
28​
Texas
123​
7​
116​
-300​
423​
Utah
3​
3​
0​
-1​
4​
West Virginia
8​
1​
7​
-8​
16​
Wyoming
3​
2​
1​
-31​
34​
In my previous career I was a flow measurement instrumentation engineer in the oil patch. Actually, I covered a territory which included upstream, midstream, downstream, coal-fired power plants, municipal, bottling plants, you name it, if it had a flow meter, I probably helped install or troubleshoot it. One day it was hands-on with pipe wrenches training roustabouts how to properly install the flow meters, next day helping develop code to pull the Modbus registers into the DCS (or PLC) at the refinery. The only reason I mention this, being you have a contracts background and enjoy wrangling with the O&G company’s legal team as the land (ranch) owner, I cordially recommend you purchase a couple master meters and request the production company put breaks in the line with spool pieces where you can put your flow meters (with a bypass for maintenance w/ lockable full-port ball valves). I would personally recommend a high accuracy mag meter with C22 alloy bullet nose electrodes to measure the produced water, a 316 stainless steel Coriolis meter with enhanced calibration for the oil measurement, and Coriolis for the natural gas side (unless it gets too expensive, then go with the legacy DP - differential pressure measurement - but be ready to check and replace orifice plates as they wear from abrasion). All flow meters will of course need to meet Custody Transfer standards and be proven on a routine basis ensure accuracy. Hopefully your property has single well pads with individual heater treaters / separators / tanks ... and not a central tank battery where the wells are commingled for separation of the oil, produced water, and gas. Unfortunately I guarantee there are unaccounted for barrels (which is lost revenue / income) that would payback for the master meter investment in a short amount of time. It always amazed me the lost and unaccounted barrels of crude in the oil patch due to insufficient or improper flow measurement, same for produced water handling. And don’t even get me started on shrinkage that occurs when the gas comes out of the oil. That is why I always recommend a mass flow meter over a volumetric flow meter to minimize measuring the gas-void.

But I digress ... back to the subject at hand ... the release of the new all-electric GMC Hummer on October 20th ...

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Reactions: Oclaf
41 - 49 of 49 Posts