Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting new injectors installEd right now and I wanted to get more opinions on how to make these last longer than 85000 miles, what's the best fuel additive u have used and how much do u put in? I looked at some amsoil products and read up on adding 2 stroke oil...... What's the best way/ stuff to use.

Please help, I want to start out right to make these last!!! Thanks

End of the month I'm moving ( driving, towing toy hauler):gearjamin from San Diego to Binghamton new York and want to buy in bulk to have enough of the same stuff, I'm glad to be leaving Cali, hoping never to returnHeyyaa

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I use 2 stroke quite frequently along with standadyne when i have it available, or diesel kleen when i dont have any.

I would also suggest getting an airdog II 165, for the filtration if nothing else. I see that you have the raptor, but you can't deny the additional filtration of the airdog unit. If you don't want to go that route at least do a nicktane setup to help clean everything up before it gets to your new injectors. just my 0.02

·
Registered
897 Posts
^ as usual, I agree with everything this guy says. I run 16oz of 2 Cycle oil (Pennzoil Premium Plus) and 16 oz of PowerService Gray bottle. Runs quiet and I hope its helping everything stay nice and healthy. I only run Pennzoil because that's what I run in my boat.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ as usual, I agree with everything this guy says. I run 16oz of 2 Cycle oil (Pennzoil Premium Plus) and 16 oz of PowerService Gray bottle. Runs quiet and I hope its helping everything stay nice and healthy. I only run Pennzoil because that's what I run in my boat.

Is that 16oz per tank?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BumP

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
water and rig fuel works pretty good and some mud off the end of the nozzle that helps too, oh and run the cheapest fuel filter you can find.seems to wok pretty good on the ol LLY. Naa, Some type of lubricant and good filteration is gonna make your injectors last, I run shitty fuel but I run hydrolic oil and powerservice in mine and keep my filter changed all the time.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
air dog 2, and get a cat filter under the hood....do the injector clean thats on here and your good, i also run diesel kleen through it

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Every fill up I add 8 oz of Diesel kleen.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
air dog 2, and get a cat filter under the hood....do the injector clean thats on here and your good, i also run diesel kleen through it
i just put in a filter from the dealer........where do you get the cat filter?

i got my truck back and it runs great so far. only problem im having is im getting P0089 fuel code and im working on getting that fixed....the never ending problems are starting to kill me.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i just put in a filter from the dealer........where do you get the cat filter?

i got my truck back and it runs great so far. only problem im having is im getting P0089 fuel code and im working on getting that fixed....the never ending problems are starting to kill me.
to do the catfilter you gotta get a adapter for the housing like 90$ can be found @ undergrounddiesels.com or nicktane.com, benefit though is cat filters a 25$/filter rather than 60 from gm

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
to do the catfilter you gotta get a adapter for the housing like 90$ can be found @ undergrounddiesels.com or nicktane.com, benefit though is cat filters a 25$/filter rather than 60 from gm
which cat filter? 0749 or 0762? i can get about 3 different kinds form the rig so then my filters would be free.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
which cat filter? 0749 or 0762? i can get about 3 different kinds form the rig so then my filters would be free.
the standard one for the nicktane set up is the 2 micron 0750.

you can get a different nipple and get the 1 micron filter also.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
the standard one for the nicktane set up is the 2 micron 0750.

you can get a different nipple and get the 1 micron filter also.
if you get the 1 micron you gotta space the housing from the engine a bit because the 1 micron is a bit bigger

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
well we dont have 0750's at the rig. I can get them at the cat dealer but we have 0749's at the rig, so they'd be free. Im pretty sure they are the same other than the 0750 is shorter, Im ordering the housing monday I will call clevland brothers cat and find out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well we dont have 0750's at the rig. I can get them at the cat dealer but we have 0749's at the rig, so they'd be free. Im pretty sure they are the same other than the 0750 is shorter, Im ordering the housing monday I will call clevland brothers cat and find out.
From what I understand you can use the 0749 as long as you get the spacer. I have this setup coming this week. I read in a different thead it is close to the heat shield like 1/4" but still works.

·
Registered
167 Posts
From what I understand you can use the 0749 as long as you get the spacer. I have this setup coming this week. I read in a different thead it is close to the heat shield like 1/4" but still works.
Got mine installed. The 0749 is only a little over 1/8" from the heat shield. Don't know if there will be any problems from that?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Is the 0749 a 1 micron or 2 micron filter?
Did you put the spacer in when you put the adapter on?

·
Registered
167 Posts
2 micron and you need the spacer. It would not clear the heat shield for the exhaust without it. You will also need to pickup 2 longer bolts for the spacer - M8x1.25 30mm.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Ok I've got the 750 on mine, which is a 2 micron also. Mines just shorter and doesn't need a spacer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had to replace my injectors at ~193,000 miles . they werent all bad, but it just made sense to suck it up and do all 8 at once. pricey, but it should take me as far as needed which will hopefully be early 2013 when the new Sierra HD model comes out. I've been using Stanadyne, but if Diesel kleen is equivalent, I will switch, especially if its cheaper and I can get what I need at wal-mart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts