Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a shop put some new sticks in my d-max. Now it is making oil, what should I look at, I checked the balance rates all were +/- 1 except one was at 2.7 or so. Thanks for the help..

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
they might have half assed it. I didnt take my time one I did a few weeks ago and i forgot to torque one of the return lines down right and thats where fuel was escaping into the crank case... lollol

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,847 Posts
Most likely one of the return line seals is leaking. It happens sometimes, they just don't get tightened down or just don't seal properly. If someone did it for you, take it back to them and give them a chance to make it right. If they tell you to pound sand, it's not all that hard to get in there and fix it, look in the DIY section, I think theres a write up on injector replacement that you can follow to fix it yourself

Sent from my iPhone while probably driving the wrong way, not paying attention and steering with my knee

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Yup they prolly didn't torque one of the return lines properly. Take it back to them

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Nope. You need to take the valve covers off and start the truck to see

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts