Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- Very frustratedI I am the original owner of my 2003 Chevy 2500HD . I currently have 212K miles, just replaced my fuel injectors, Fuel Rail Pressure, Fuel Pressure regulator and Fuel pressure sensor. New oil change, new fuel filter. I have gone thru 3 tanks of fuel. My first tank I did not have my Hypertech Chip turned on- only got 14.7 MPG, second tank I turned My Hypertech Chip back on at Stage II. Second tank I got 14.9 mpg and third 13.3- Yes I do my own math and dont rely on the dash mileage figures. My gas mileage pre new injectors with my chip in was 19-22 . Without the chip on 17-18. Does not make sense that with new LB7 injecotors my mileage goes way down. Prior to replacing truck ran great, great gas mileage just started to hicup and blow thick black smoke sporatically over a 5 week period until we could Diagnose the issue was the injecotors. Cannot figure this out. '
Would love any input out there.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Whose injectors?

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Are the injectors new or remans, if reman who did them?

Many guys have had trouble with the remans. Lincoln Diesel Specialties has the best reputation for LB7 injectors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts