Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My names Sheldon, im a 21 year old student, just finally got my first diesel pickup. Looked at a few before, but finally came across a mint deal.

Bought a 2004 Silverado 2500HD, LS, Crew Cab, 4wd, Gun Metal Grey, LLY Duramax, Allison trans etc etc, its got 200k miles on it, no rust, in amazing shape, paid $6750cad for it.

The truck is amazing, duramax power is unreal, the truck came with a Superchips tuner, other then that its stock.

Do you guys have any pointers as to what maitenence i should be doing on it having just purchased it?

Pretty excited to get into the diesel stuff, was prior heavy into LS modifications, Built a LS swapped 89 iroc when i was 16, built a LS2 with a T56 i rebuilt myself when i was 17, bought my 99 vette when i was 19, then sold all of it to buy a 1500HD and go to university, finally came across this deal, so im pretty excited to expand into the world of diesels.

Im in school for Mechatronics Systems Engineering, hoping to get into engine control system design after school.

Thanks for any pointers guys!

Registered
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app-Adam

Registered
Welcome from just across the border! Glad to hear you're liking your purchase.

Premium Member
Welcome to the DF !

Registered
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

Premium Member
Welcome to the DF, you'll learn alot here.:thumb

Vendor
Welcome to DF. Congrats on the truck. If you don't know the mx history on the truck, I would start going through the fluids and filters, especially with winter setting in soon for you. This will freshen things up and get them on your own schedule.

If I can help with product recommendations or anything in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

Former GM Tech and parts
Welcome to the forum, you'll be able to find info for just about anything you want to do to her around here! If you've got any questions, feel free to ask, chances are someone around here knows the answer! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone while probably driving the wrong way, not paying attention and steering with my knee

Registered
Welcome to the forum

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

Been doing some reading up on the trucks, think im startin to get to know them okay, spent probably about 30hrs on my truck already, installed:

2" Rear lift blocks & Keys
265/75R16 tires on new aluminum rims
6000k HID's
2x 800w amps
component speakers in front, coaxials in rear
10" Thin mount sub behind rear seat
JVC Headunit
Smoked cab lights
Smoked third brake light
AFE Prodry replacement filter
Extang trifold tonneau
Tinted cab lights & 3rd brake lights
Sanded and polished headlights
Polished all chrome on it
Deleted muffler

Next plan is to replace the chevy emblem, gonna do a fluid & filter change on it tomorrow, as far as i know i need to change the oil, replace the oil filter, i know i need to replace the fuel filter, should i replace the transmission oil filter? is there any specific fuel filter brand to go with?

Here's a picture of my baby, laura(excuse bad pic quality, iphone pic):

Registered
paid $6750cad for it.

dude you stole that truck.

Registered
welcome man. Definitely look into upgrading your turbo mouthpiece with either an AFE unit, lbz or kodiak. I went with the kodiak unit personally. The stock piece is absolute garbage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts