Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced all 8 injectors on my LBZ about two months ago and 3,000 miles. Two weeks ago, pulled a 16' bumper pull trailer about an hour away with a 14' flat bottom boat on it. Nothing heavy. Up and down and hill country Texas and injector code P0208 pops up. had to clear the code from my Edge Insight CT3 about 15 times in a half hour. Code P0203 pops up as well during this trip.
I had problems with both of these injectors at the end of February during the Freezing Texas had, so I replaced all 8 injectors.
I unhooked the batteries off the truck (both of them) and started to mess with the injector wiring harness plugs. Took them out and see if the prongs were messed up and all seemed flushed with another.
Put the Plugs back in, hooked the batteries back up and started the truck. Now, P0203 and P0208 won't go away unless I put the truck in drive and have the RPM's above 1500. As soon as they clear and I let off the throttle, it has knocking noises in the motor and check engine light comes on. P0208 is the most common to pop up, but at times both do.
Have seen the code for Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit/Open code pop up. I didn't get a picture of the numbers, but that's what it says when I click on it.
Now both #3 and 8 Injectors read a +9 with fuel knock.
Could I have some demons and ghost in my Injector wiring Harness or ECM?? Any help would be appreciated!!

2007 2500HD Silverado LBZ
EFI DSP5 Switch Tuned
Airdog II 165
S&B Air Intake
PPE Race Fuel Rail Plug

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
I just replaced all 8 injectors on my LBZ about two months ago and 3,000 miles. Two weeks ago, pulled a 16' bumper pull trailer about an hour away with a 14' flat bottom boat on it. Nothing heavy. Up and down and hill country Texas and injector code P0208 pops up. had to clear the code from my Edge Insight CT3 about 15 times in a half hour. Code P0203 pops up as well during this trip.
I had problems with both of these injectors at the end of February during the Freezing Texas had, so I replaced all 8 injectors.
I unhooked the batteries off the truck (both of them) and started to mess with the injector wiring harness plugs. Took them out and see if the prongs were messed up and all seemed flushed with another.
Put the Plugs back in, hooked the batteries back up and started the truck. Now, P0203 and P0208 won't go away unless I put the truck in drive and have the RPM's above 1500. As soon as they clear and I let off the throttle, it has knocking noises in the motor and check engine light comes on. P0208 is the most common to pop up, but at times both do.
Have seen the code for Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit/Open code pop up. I didn't get a picture of the numbers, but that's what it says when I click on it.
Now both #3 and 8 Injectors read a +9 with fuel knock.
Could I have some demons and ghost in my Injector wiring Harness or ECM?? Any help would be appreciated!!

2007 2500HD Silverado LBZ
EFI DSP5 Switch Tuned
Airdog II 165
S&B Air Intake
PPE Race Fuel Rail Plug
You have poor electrical connections at the injectors themselves, more than likely. You can search “ice pick injector harness” here for plenty of threads/posts on this. I would personally have the connection issue correctly resolved though, as long as I wasn’t stuck on the side of the road somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have poor electrical connections at the injectors themselves, more than likely. You can search “ice pick injector harness” here for plenty of threads/posts on this. I would personally have the connection issue correctly resolved though, as long as I wasn’t stuck on the side of the road somewhere.
Already though? I replaced all 8 connectors last year and the shop who replaced my injectors replaced #3 connector when they did injectors.
This truck has always had demons in it. Once one thing goes wrong or bad 3 or 4 follow in suit.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Already though? I replaced all 8 connectors last year and the shop who replaced my injectors replaced #3 connector when they did injectors.
This truck has always had demons in it. Once one thing goes wrong or bad 3 or 4 follow in suit.
No information in your first post about that. So then yes, probably a wiring issue between the ecm and injectors somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No information in your first post about that. So then yes, probably a wiring issue between the ecm and injectors somewhere.
My bad. This truck just stressing me out sometimes. We were looking at maybe replacing the ECM, but they figured maybe there was trash in the fuel lines.
So is there anywhere to buy a New Injector Wiring Harness? All I've found is a Used one on Ebay. Didn't know if some diesel store sold them online or anything like that. Or do I just need to find the best Used one I can and hope it fixes it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts