Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
names nick and i just got a 2004.5 duramax LLY and its completly stock. i eventually want to get a few upgrades such as intake, exhaust, PPe economy, and do some small stuff (resonator plug egr delete pcv rerout maybe)
if anyone can assist me i would greatly appreciate it. i also dont know how to use this forum completly so sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot.:help

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
278 Posts
were are you located? Welcome to DF

list of mods that if I was you I would do in order is

1...turbo mouth piece
2... PCV reroute
3... EGR blocker plate
4... Exhaust
5... tunner ( EFI or PPE is all I would get)
6... Trans
7... Air intake
8... FPR valve shim kit
9... Lift pump
10. Heavier front end components (tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm, and braces)

Basically ask your self what is my ultimate goal. If some day you might want twins then save your money with the air intake and get EFI. And I guess you would not need the mouth piece ether but in the mean time I would not drive much with out it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my main goal is for it to last a long time and get good mpg's. im not looking to get 500+hp. oh and i want to do the mods myself because im cheap and i want to learn. im not sure where or what to start with. im thinking exhaust first?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
my main goal is for it to last a long time and get good mpg's. im not looking to get 500+hp. oh and i want to do the mods myself because im cheap and i want to learn. im not sure where or what to start with. im thinking exhaust first?
imma steal from his list cause he's right on the money. just stop here and add a thing or two
1...turbo mouth piece
2... PCV reroute
3... EGR blocker plate
4... Exhaust + downpipe if you're ambitious
5... tunner ( EFI or PPE is all I would get)
6... gauges
and yeah you can do exhaust first if you wanna. i suggest doing a full kit

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would love to get a doownpipe on it. i dont think i can do that in my driveway though? what do you gota get into in order to swap that out?

·
Vendor
10,961 Posts
Welcome to DF. List they provided looks good. I would only add fluids. If you are unsure of when fluids were changed in the truck, I would go through each of them to freshen them up and put them on your own schedule. There are a ton of threads here on DF regarding the different fluids out there. Opinions vary on what brand and whether to use dyno or synthetics. I went the synthetics route.

Might be hard to do the downpipe in the driveway but not impossible. If you have a set of ramps that might help.

If I can help with product recommendation or pricing please let me know.

Take care,

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
1. Intake, Exhaust, Turbo MP ... Do them at the same time
2. Tuning (I suggest EFI Live, surprise surprise)
3. Front end parts
4. Lift pump
5. Enjoy your new truck

I also have a LLY, this is how I would do it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just changed and flushed all fluids and filters except the transfer case fluid. thank you all for your opinions

·
Registered
63 Posts
turbo mouthpiece AFE or LBZ big difference

·
Registered
437 Posts
WELCOME!
1. Intake, Exhaust, Turbo MP ... Do them at the same time
2. Tuning (I suggest EFI Live, surprise surprise)
3. Front end parts
4. Lift pump
5. Enjoy your new truck

I also have a LLY, this is how I would do it.
This is pretty much how ho would do it except do the EGR block with #2 since you need the EFI or a capable tuner to block the codes.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome from another FL member

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
WELCOME!

This is pretty much how ho would do it except do the EGR block with #2 since you need the EFI or a capable tuner to block the codes.
No you don't... you can use a fingerstick on LLYs..

Welcome to the forum man. That list that was put together for you was excellent. As far as where to order from, a lot of our vendors on here are fantastic. You can browse through our vendors forum and there is even a vendors jungle where you can request the best price and they will basically fight for your business by pm'ing you the best price they can do. :thumb

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Also, you have three different options for the turbo mouthpiece. All of them are excellent upgrades, you can choose which you would like to end up with in the long run. They are the kodiak mp, lbz mp and AFE mp (which was posted up earlier in the thread). In case you decide to go the lbz route here is the part number from gm which will make it easier for you so you aren't searching all night. 98011738

1 - 20 of 27 Posts