Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Just ordered 2500 AT4 Red Quartz Tincoat Duramax with the 11,350 gvwr and fully loaded with all the packages minus ultimate didn't want the 20 inch rims.

The last diesel I owned was a 2007 F250 6.0 and the water fuel separator was on frame side to drain. Do the Duramax have a water fuel separator also to drain?

Also is their extended warranties available from competing dealerships online? when I purchase my fords they're much cheaper to get that way vs what local dealership offering price.

After test driving the 2109 Ford and Ram I decides to try the GMC and was impressed. I'll be towing a conventional hitch OUTDOORS RV 29 TRX toy hauler which has max weight of 13,995 and tongue weight 1600 dry and 9,400 when dry. With all the mirrors and upgraded tow capacity was easy choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Truck arrived...But, It had two deep door dings with paint damage in front passenger door. along with multiple clearcoat scuffs in both front fenders and drivers side rear side panel. It was a ark rainy day so didn't catch all the scuffs. They are going to have to paint doors and hoping they can buff out the scuffs. It goes in next week to auto body shop.
Side note They are going to install my up fitter package for me free of charge, they don't come fully installed like Ford. Also have the 18 inch rims with the Michelins and drove it 350 miles to Vegas and back experience no steering wheel shimmy or vibration people with the 20 inch rims Goodyear's are complaining of.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well Truck arrived...But, It had two deep door dings with paint damage in front passenger door. along with multiple clearcoat scuffs in both front fenders and drivers side rear side panel. It was a ark rainy day so didn't catch all the scuffs. They are going to have to paint doors and hoping they can buff out the scuffs. It goes in next week to auto body shop.
Side note They are going to install my up fitter package for me free of charge, they don't come fully installed like Ford. Also have the 18 inch rims with the Michelins and drove it 350 miles to Vegas and back experience no steering wheel shimmy or vibration people with the 20 inch rims Goodyear's are complaining of.
You are a better man than me. I would not accept that truck on a bet! That paint is just about impossible to replicate. Especially after a couple of years of aging you will see it especially in certain lighting. They will tell you no problem but it is pretty easy to see on that specific paint.

·
Premium Member
10,682 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.