Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently traded my 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 HD (SRW) for a new, completely loaded, black Denali 2500 HD. So far, I love it!!

I loved the ruggedness and brute power of the Ram, and everything about it BUT the ride!! (What did I think, it's a 3500HD), rode like a log wagon!

The Denali HD rides like a Cadillac Compared to any 4WD truck I've ever owned. Mileage in town is averaging about 16.8 (Display) and about 15.9 or so, the few times I calculated it.

Only problems so far (3,000) miles have been some really annoying rattles in the back seat. One I fixed (a loose retainer) the others I can't find. Seems like a poorly engineered method of securing the rear seat's back.

Enough from me. I really look forward to the info, advise available through the forum. Thanks (AGT - Nashville, TN)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome!!! Check on the recall for the DEF, not sure if the dealer did it already or not. Thats the only real issue I have heard with the LML.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!!! Check on the recall for the DEF, not sure if the dealer did it already or not. Thats the only real issue I have heard with the LML.
Thanks alot for the advice. I have a really good family-owned dealer so I am going to try and stay on top of this stuff. Again, thanks for the message!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks alot for the advice. I have a really good family-owned dealer so I am going to try and stay on top of this stuff. Again, thanks for the message!
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the board. I hear you on the ride, I have a 3500 dually and it rides great to me.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Welcome to Df.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Welcome and congradulations on the changing of sides

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
That's the beauty of an IFS front opposed to a straight.

Welcome to the forum and post up some pics of the new rig!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I guess the back seat rattle is fairly common. I took mine into dealership & they told me gm doesn't have a fix for it yet but keep complaining about it & they will come up with something. So hopefully there is a recall on it in the near future. It us very annoying

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Alot of the rattling and creaking goes away with time. Gm uses some weird rubber crap that squeaks and they dont know how to tighten bolts on the interior properly either.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF and congrats !

·
Registered
4,803 Posts