Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new member here. My name is JD, I'm from east Texas. New to the Duramax family with a recent purchase of an 07 2500HD 2WD, she needs some tlc and I'm currently fighting an "engine power is reduced" every five minutes, engine running or not. Dpf delete and I was told 150 tune but I'm not sure. Other than that I cant get the fuel rail valve out so I will will be pulling rail soon, not looking forward to that. I've been following this forum for a few years now to get information on the best duramax and now that I have one I decided to become a member, I look forward to being a part of the group!

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Vendor
10,987 Posts
Welcome to DF. So when I hear reduced power, limp mode the first thing I typically ask is how old is the fuel filter? While not always the case, if the fuel filter has over 10k miles on it, it can sometimes cause the truck to do stupid things like this.

If the truck is new to you and you are not sure of the mx history, I would swap out all the fluids and filters to get them on your schedule and just freshen things up.

If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know.

Take care,

·
Premium Member
10,678 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.