Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali with Duramax. I live in northeast Illinois. Our main reason we bought this truck is to pull a fifth wheel rv. I really like this truck. I just learned about the Bosch fuel pump issue. No problems yet, but there is that uncertainty now. Is there anything I can do for preventative measures? Has a class action suit been filed?

Thanks,
Russ

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Hello all,
I just purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali with Duramax. I live in northeast Illinois. Our main reason we bought this truck is to pull a fifth wheel rv. I really like this truck. I just learned about the Bosch fuel pump issue. No problems yet, but there is that uncertainty now. Is there anything I can do for preventative measures? Has a class action suit been filed?

Thanks,
Russ
First, an answer to your question........... You can purchase fuel at a station that has Bio fuel, B5 or B20. The lubricity added by the bio will help the CP4 fuel pump. If that is not an option you can add a lubricity additive to each tank, Opti-Lube seems to be the best at adding that lubricity.

You can change your fuel pressure regulator to the Exergy replacement. This will not save the CP4 but will save the rest of your fuel delivery system should the CP4 grenade. Around $260 + labor. This may leave you in the middle of nowhere suddenly should the CP4 go, but the repair cost will be about $10,000 less than it would have been without.

Lastly you can change your CP4 to a CP3. Here is a thread that is about that conversion. Quite frankly if I had an LML, I would have already done this.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-duramax-powertrain/992221-s-s-lml-emissions-intact-cp3-conversion-installed.html

Take your time, read and research all the above and decide what solution is best for you. 'dunno;

And finally, a bit of help you did not ask for. This thread may interest you as well.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/maintenance/988217-maintenance-info-suggestions-new-owners.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone, new guy here. I just purchased a new 2019 Silverado 2500HD High County.

So far so good. Got a pretty good deal on it giving all the incentives they are offering theses days.

Looking to learn about taking care of her for the long haul.

Owner/Operator by trade.

Take care, Eddie

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
welcome to DF, I live in Illinois also, ask anything here and the proper answer will follow, good luck with your truck

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Two things: It is considered improper to post your own introduction in someone else's intro thread. It's not a big deal but it's just a bit rude. Until you have at least 25 posts you are restricted from doing some things on the forum but in this section you can start a thread for yourself with no prior activity.

Second, there is a lot to learn here. You will get better responses to questions if there haven't been a hundred other similar inquiries. Not that any question is forbidden but when someone new comes here and obviously hasn't done anything to help themselves it discourages those who would otherwise try to help. If your question shows that you have put in some effort then by all means we will gladly fill in the blanks, as well as we can. We have some real experts here.

Thanks for joining us. Some day you will be the one advising others and that is how you pay back what you owe for the help you get along the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry, using a phone so things don't always jump out at you, thought i was using a New Member section.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to DF and enjoy these posts, a lot of good info here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First, an answer to your question........... You can purchase fuel at a station that has Bio fuel, B5 or B20. The lubricity added by the bio will help the CP4 fuel pump. If that is not an option you can add a lubricity additive to each tank, Opti-Lube seems to be the best at adding that lubricity.

You can change your fuel pressure regulator to the Exergy replacement. This will not save the CP4 but will save the rest of your fuel delivery system should the CP4 grenade. Around $260 + labor. This may leave you in the middle of nowhere suddenly should the CP4 go, but the repair cost will be about $10,000 less than it would have been without.

Lastly you can change your CP4 to a CP3. Here is a thread that is about that conversion. Quite frankly if I had an LML, I would have already done this.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-duramax-powertrain/992221-s-s-lml-emissions-intact-cp3-conversion-installed.html

Take your time, read and research all the above and decide what solution is best for you. 'dunno;

And finally, a bit of help you did not ask for. This thread may interest you as well.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/maintenance/988217-maintenance-info-suggestions-new-owners.html
Thanks for the information. I've ordered Opti-lube XL to add lubricity. Before my warranty expires, I'll have to decide on next step.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Sorry, using a phone so things don't always jump out at you, thought i was using a New Member section.
You were in the right section. It's not a really big deal. It just is more appropriate to start your own thread rather than use someone else's. The other person might want to continue on with a couple of questions or something like that and by diluting his thread with your own intro it takes away the focus from him. It happens a lot. Not everyone who is new here has had other forum experience so etiquette is often ignored.

I hope you are not offended. You are welcome here.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Welcome aboard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts