Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all!

My name is Jay and I live on the MS Gulf Coast. I am not new to cars/trucks/boats etc but I've never personally owned a diesel.

I am an automobile/construction mechanic instructor for the military so I have pretty good general knowledge.

I will make this intro short so I can get down to business. Lookin hard at a gen 1 (04) duramax 2500 HD with a big FTS lift. Tryin to get the pros n cons and some opinions so I can make a decision. I'll be posting the thread over in the Gen 1 section if you wanna follow/comment.

Look forward to meeting you getting some good info from the site. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Welcome to DF! LB7=Injectors....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Keep your filters changed, injectors re a problem with the LB7. I would recommend an AirDog II lift pump to help keep them alive as well. If your looking for more mileage or power, and an exhaust and EFI Live tuning. Rob or Kory's tunes are the way to go with that.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the pointers, fellas. I decided to not get that truck....no history, no signs of good TLC and no key fob lol. I did however become aware of the beauty....

I know the owner and the history. This one has been extremely well cared for and never been beat on. 6 gun programmer, intake and exhaust, 6" RC suspension lift and other goodies. Never towed anything and only used setting 6 a few times.

Guy says it needs a CV boot and front brakes....walk in the park. 03' with 140K on the clock....recently had 3 injectors replaced. He's even gonna let me keep it for the weekend so I can be sure there's no major problems and that I like it before I commit. He's asking 15 but I'm sure I can get him down to 13ish. Good guy and seems like a good deal! Patience pays...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts