Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm looking to pick up a 01+ Duramax CC Dually and wanted to learn what I needed to look for or avoid before I purchase. Thanks for the info in advance.

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you find out whether the Injectors have been replaced or not. Lb7 injectors go bad

- Adam

Registered
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

Slave to the Interwebs
Get a 04.5+ and you will not have to worry about the injectors. Really any of them that were not rode hard are good. For the money a newer one costs you can get an older one and put injectors in it.
Where abouts in NM are you?

Premium Member
The LB7 engine does have injector problems-- and they are very expensive to have them replaced. [$5,000-?]

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Get a 04.5+ and you will not have to worry about the injectors. Really any of them that were not rode hard are good. For the money a newer one costs you can get an older one and put injectors in it.
Where abouts in NM are you?
Thanks for the advice guys. When the injectors have been changed in a LB7 are they upgraded to a better design or just replaced with the same injector?

I'm in ABQ.

Registered
I might be wrong but i think they might be updated, but they will still fail eventually just not as fast.

- Adam

Registered
Welcome to the forum

Registered
The lb7 injectors are just a poor design that from what i've always heard cannot be fixed permanently. The best you can do is increase the filtration in your fueling system to postpone the inevitable. Welcome to the forum. Lb7's are absolutely great trucks, the injectors are really their only issues. The 5k price figure thrown out there is accurate if you pay someone to do the work fyi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts