Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranked my T-bars 2.5 inches and put on shock extenders, went with 305/55/20's Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's, and tires don't rub at all. Put on 2400 km's over the weekend and the tires ride nice, you can hear em, but aren't that bad. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
657 Posts
looks good man, ive been looking at those to! stock t keys cranked or ready lift keys?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock keys, I guess I failed to mention that lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
I run the ATZs, not as aggressive looking, but seem pretty good. I only run the little guys (275/70/18). I notched the fenders to clear, but thats due to the 1mm offset on my rims.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you like the A/T's? I was in a toss up between the two

·
Registered
416 Posts
I hate to dampen the mood, but why did the tire guy hamer steel (lead with steel clamp) weights on your aluminum rims? They make sticky back weights for a reason. I would go back and bitch them out....seriously bitch them out!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point!!! I would, but I had them done in Ontario when I was on holidays last week.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
416 Posts
From past experience with a dipshit hammering those onto my aluminum wheels; they will eventually come off at high speed because they do not clamp correctly to the aluminum. Just FYI. Then you can have them balanced correctly with stick-ons and have to live with the scratches and dents in your aluminum rims from where the idiot hammered on the weights. I didn't mean to bring you down, just giving you a heads up for next time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
stock keys, I guess I failed to mention that lol
Good to know mine is cranked up with stock keys, glad to hear the 305/55/20 will fit:) consider me on the hunt lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no worries dakster, i'll be booking it in this week for an oil change and have them fix them, hopefully they aren't bent or scratched.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone running mickey Thompson's mtz? if so what psi is everyone running them at?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i had them on my last truck and ran them at 55-60

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love the mtz and atz. I'm looking at some 35's. I had the sticky weights on my last truck and found them in my drive way when I left the house.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
herationkane you got any pics of your rig and exhaust set up?

·
Registered
590 Posts
how do you like the A/T's? I was in a toss up between the two

I like them. They are fairly quiet. Ride well. Are wearing even. I have a fairly heavy foot, and I should get about 60-80,000km out of them (37-50,000mi). Which may not seem great to many on here. But I roll down the road at 10,000lbs everyday. And sometimes up to 12,000lbs, (which is slightly over my GVW). So there is a fair amount of extra heat and wear.

I have gotten 35-40000km out of KM2s, and Goodyear MTRs. The only tire I had that lasted a long time was the Nitto HD Grappler (same as toyo M55, just bigger). But they were very noisy, and had terrible lateral traction in the mud. Had to spin and dig to go where I was pointed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice, 60-80 is a lot and i'd be happy with that! See how I do on mine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts