Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, when custom tuning, I use a 5 position switch for switching between multiple tunes. I am developing a new 5 or 6 position switch, to take the place of what we use now. The purpose of this is to integrate your drug of choice into safe timing tables, and prevent your (nitrous) from being used in a tune that is not built for it.

Example;: In my mind it would be nice to have a switch, where the 5th or 6th position, also provides activation current for the relay that control meth or nitrous. This would insure that the drugs are only dispensed with intended parameters in that specific dsp mode, preventing unintended head stress, etc.

Example 2: some guys want to use water only, but don't advance the timing for it. This could ensure that water and timing are combined.

Also I think is would be important to have the failsafe tune on the full CW position. Right now it is just the opposite. Full CCW is the failsafe position. This requires a high power tune to be used as the failsafe (if switch fails), but all the way CCW. non-intuitive, so I will arrange it opposite so the CW position increases power to the failsafe voltage, full CW.

But I need your ideas. How would you like to see it done?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
:rof "drug of choice" lol..

Size is my big question... the current (EFI Provided) DSP design is very bulky and ugly. I would like to see the switch clean and compact. (Bee, you already know all this from my ranting a couple weeks ago :D)

But other than that, you are the man for this kind of project. I cant wait to see the final product. Good luck on the build! :drink

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
KB you need to make one that works for our LBZ/LMM:D

Thats not to much to ask is it?:rof

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
:rof "drug of choice" lol..

Size is my big question... the current (EFI Provided) DSP design is very bulky and ugly. I would like to see the switch clean and compact. (Bee, you already know all this from my ranting a couple weeks ago :D)

But other than that, you are the man for this kind of project. I cant wait to see the final product. Good luck on the build! :drink

EFI Provided :confused: You need to make your own. How big are yours, the knob on mine is like 1/2" or less by 1/2"

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
My switch is also very small. I dont think I would want a smaller one.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I'm talking about the ones that Ira makes, Mike. And I'm pretty sure that would be "EFI Provided." I mean, unless you are getting EFI somewhere else... which you're not...

I do in fact make my own... I'm speaking in generalities for most EFi dealers. If the new design is a success, we should have Ira start selling them, or something to the effect.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
have you thought to make it a digital selector? or would that be impossible?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have considered 2 different keylock switches. One would be a DSP2 plus a momentary on position, for priming water or nitrous. Prime, then release to race. The other position is valet or whatever you want.

The other switch is a 4 position keylock-no momentary position. But it would be used for DSP as well as enabling a 12V device, position specific. Say you had nitrous and only wanted it on with a specific tune on position 4, and defeated for all others. This would allow you to build your "drug" tune with specific timing for the chosen drug .

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Why cant the lmm have a decent switch on the fly programmer??

·
the lawn man
1,450 Posts
yeah how come???

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
well Micheal all i can say is go for it!
i would worry so much about making it compact for now but first get a switch like that made! i do like the the idea of having a smaller tune as the main tune vs the biggest tune incase the switch fails!
i do like the idea of a digital switch that you can tell at a glance what setting it is on,also if you get one for the LBZ i would def take one!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I could get ross to interface the switch circuitry into the DIC, then we could have DIC readout.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well Micheal all i can say is go for it!
i would worry so much about making it compact for now but first get a switch like that made! i do like the the idea of having a smaller tune as the main tune vs the biggest tune incase the switch fails!
i do like the idea of a digital switch that you can tell at a glance what setting it is on,also if you get one for the LBZ i would def take one!
Testing is finished, and they are now shipping. Thanks for your patience. New products include a 3-pos dsp2 keylock, 6 pos DSP5 rotary knob, and 5-pos Chrome and Black Metal Keylock with Teflon wire. Highest quality switches available IMO.

http://members.cox.net/beekiller/Sales/Keylock Switches.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts