Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a small dyno day at dyno tech today. Put down 535.5/1050.3. Haven't dyno'd in about 1 1/2 years. It was for fun and bragging rights within our small town. They have a 1/4 mile simulator also but it was a joke. I ran a 14.3 @ 99. I will try to upload the video if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Nice numbers man, sounds like a fun event.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it was pretty fun. Beer and burnouts galore!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Congrats

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
damn thats a lot of torque

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Congrats man! Im pretty positive you will run the 1/4 faster than what it projected. :cookoo[1]: :rof

·
Registered
805 Posts
Congrats!

- Adam

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn thats a lot of torque
I agree, nobody could figure this dyno out. A DMAX with a bw 366 and fummins w the same turbo made less torque than I did. Everyone thought it was reading low. So I wasn't expecting much. Then the first pull was like 530/1000 and I backed it up with a 535/1050. Then my truck got hot. Numbers went down 3rd pull. I don't get serious about dyno numbers. Next year I will do my best to show what I can do on the track. The guys I pull with know it's a runner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks guys, it was pretty fun. Beer and burnouts galore!
Burnouts? who was doing burnouts ha, i actually got on here because i figured you would get on here and post your numbers that thing looked good on the dyno rolling smoke off the tires during the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
some people swear that some LBZ's are just freaks and can't really explain why they run so strong (in reference to the truck being a runner, not the potential validity of dyno #'s.)

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burnouts? who was doing burnouts ha, i actually got on here because i figured you would get on here and post your numbers that thing looked good on the dyno rolling smoke off the tires during the 1/4 mile.
Lol shit Darren I was more excited than u when u went over 500. U def get the burnout award man.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some people swear that some LBZ's are just freaks and can't really explain why they run so strong (in reference to the truck being a runner, not the potential validity of dyno #'s.)
I don't really brag about my truck at all, cause I know there's always somebody a little bigger and a little better. But my truck ran pretty darn good in stock form. And I made 400hp with a bullydog power pup. Lol let's pray she stays together for another year or so.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I hear you man, that's great.

I wouldn't be too worried if that's what your actual hp numbers are. stock lbz's take a bit more than that to pop.

turbo plans next???

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear you man, that's great.

I wouldn't be too worried if that's what your actual hp numbers are. stock lbz's take a bit more than that to pop.

turbo plans next???
Ya I guess I shoulda rephrased that. I hope it stays together after I upgrade the turbo and add some fuel. Yeah buddy

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hell yeah your truck looked good on the dyno. That 1/4 mile run time is BS though. Heck you ate a 1/4" off your tires during that run. I'm a little embarrassed to post my numbers up though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hell yeah your truck looked good on the dyno. That 1/4 mile run time is BS though. Heck you ate a 1/4" off your tires during that run. I'm a little embarrassed to post my numbers up though.

Don't b embarrassed man u made good power for running a small tune and only having about 5 mins to get the trans learned. U will see a big difference on your big tune after the blocker plate and a shim kit. Hell u made more power and double the torque of the superchargered mustang that ran! And u came through with some beer too!!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah I was pretty pleased with the torque but was surprised with the horsepower. And beer is good!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts