Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined and am looking to put an edge unit in my lp5.
Broke big clamp plug any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,889 Posts
Did you break one of the ECM connector mechanisms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the lever lifted and bottom of plug started up then the plastic tab on top broke. Back of plug came off to expose wires but connector did not disengage.

·
Premium Member
8,889 Posts
Which one is it in relation to the cab? Closest, center, or furthest toward the front of the truck? I’ve got part numbers for one of them, can probably get the rest of them as well.

You can still remove the plug, you’ll just need to use a screwdriver and push down on both of the gray sliding/locking mechanisms while pulling out on the plug. Definitely need to be gentle with them, as you found out, they break easily.

·
Premium Member
8,889 Posts
I’ve got part numbers for the two smaller ones, but not the bigger one toward the cab. I’ll look around a bit more, I’m pretty sure your local dealer could order one in for you.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
219 Posts
yes the lever lifted and bottom of plug started up then the plastic tab on top broke. Back of plug came off to expose wires but connector did not disengage.
Take a flathead screw driver and looking down on top of connected on each side youll see the top part of the grey tabs the lock it in place. if you gently/carefully push them down youll know when the connector disengages. I broke one of the connectors tabs, and theats how I got the connector off. edge recommends blowing compressed air around them to clean out any dirt in the channels that the lock the connector in place to prevent exactly this issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts