Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am a new guy to the forum. I am not a duramax owner yet, but I am looking forward to becoming one in the next few weeks. I am looking at a 01' Chevy 2500HD Duramax 2WD and I have a few quick questions.

1. What kind of fuel mileage can I expect for everyday driving?
2. What are the stock hp and torque numbers for this truck?

Any feedback would be appreciated. This is a great forum and I cant wait to get my Duramax!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome to the forum..the stock dyno #'s for the early LB7 duramax average at 230rwhp to 250rwhp with an average of 450rwtqre,depending on what size truck you have...fuel economy,well it depends on how much your fight foot weighs:tease it is different for every person and every truck but you should average around 15 to 17 mpg regular driving with 18 to 20mpg as a good highway average..hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the info guys. I do have one more newbie question though. I have been reading around the site and have found that the only significant problem with the early duramax trucks is the injectors. Are there any other things I should look out for on the 01-02 LB7 models? Thanks again for your help.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the earlier duramax also known as the LB7 are a great diesel and the only problem i know of are the injecters..it is noted for getting excellent fuel economy..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts