Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2005 sierra 2500 with 44,000 miles on it. Love the truck but feel like its doggy off the line. Will not spin the tires and in the upper rpm's it feels like it cuts out alittle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just picked up a 2005 sierra 2500 with 44,000 miles on it. Love the truck but feel like its doggy off the line. Will not spin the tires and in the upper rpm's it feels like it cuts out alittle. Any ideas?
First thing first change the fuel filter! 50% of the trucks i see with your problem have never had the fuel filter changed. Its quik and easy, i would buy a gm filter but thats just me. Any mods( air intake, exhast,or larger tires) If this helps but does not meet your liking of the amount of power add an edge juice with an attuide and then you will have no problems spinning your tires. But make sure the truck has new filters all the way around and check all hte fluids.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site and yes do like Mike suggested and see if that doesn't fix the problem but you have to remeber with a Turbo Diesel you will have turbo lag untill you hit roughly 2k rpms and thenit should start throwing you into the back seat..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts