Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received my replacement moog upper control arms and noticed they were a little damaged. Turns out I have to pay for return shipping or decide to keep them. What would you do?

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you can work with them I would think it's worth a try my 2c

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just kings of concerned if it will affect the suspension at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Valid point. Is shipping so expensive your willing to risk it? Maybe someone with more suspension experience will chime in.

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
All depends on if you paid shipping to start with, it sucks if they charge you shipping and if a product is damaged you have to pay return shipping. Might check with the delivery company if they were damaged during transport. If they were sent damaged then the company you dealt with should pay the return shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure that you post up the details on the forum . . . and everywhere else.

Everyone needs to know where you purchased them and who shipped them.
It's really the only way to make a vendor stand behind their products & service.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
looks like the pic has a shipping label in the back ground

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like the pic has a shipping label in the back ground
Yes, Just Suspension Via Amazon is where they came from. The company has been quick to get back with me and work with me on the issue. They said it is from pressing in the bushing (i knew that already), and that as long as the bushings are tight in the A-arm they will function properly. They said they will take the return if I choose to as well, but I don't think they will pay for shipping. I think I may trust Moog's quality control at this point, I think they will function as advertised but I just expected better than this.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Looks like the bushing is not pressed in all the way-- hard to tell in the picture.

If they want you to pay for shipping-- tell them you will contact Amazon. If it was bought through Amazon-- and is defective, Amazon will help.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
I would have to say that if they were damaged when pressed, then they should have never gone out for retail. I don't know, but if it were me I would have to get a new pair and fight for the shipping to be covered, clearly not your fault. However, if you can be 100% sure they are pressed and seated properly, then and only then would I run them. I agree with the amazon idea, why not contact them and pursue all options before you need to make the decision. Good luck man and I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive never had to pay for return shipping on anything Ive bought off amazon. You set it up through your account and it'll tell you to leave it on your porch for pick up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I set up the return through Amazon and it is what told me I'd have to pay for return shipping. I am working on the company to have them pay for return shipping. After giving it some thought I am not going to run the Arms. Too much time, effort and money to go through the front end to put in questionable parts. Plus there is principle in the matter, part should have never shipped.

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
^^ I agree and you shouldn't have to pay return shipping, good luck!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To provide closing to this thread, Just Suspension refused to pay for return shipping. Amazon is helping me out by giving me store credit for however much it costs to ship them back.

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
I wouldn't deal with them anymore, doesn't sound like a stand behind their products company.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, probably going to buy some a-arms from one of the vendors.

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
Probably cost a little more but you get great service and a good product.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
To provide closing to this thread, Just Suspension refused to pay for return shipping. Amazon is helping me out by giving me store credit for however much it costs to ship them back.
gee, sorry to hear you didn't get this resolved like it should have been done. If it helps, when your ready to purchase, give me a shout, we will do free shipping for ya and back our customer service! :thumb

But any vendor on here will do! All got great reviews!

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
gee, sorry to hear you didn't get this resolved like it should have been done. If it helps, when your ready to purchase, give me a shout, we will do free shipping for ya and back our customer service! :thumb

But any vendor on here will do! All got great reviews!
Get them from this guy!

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
Look at dmax store. The have a few uca's you can pick from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts