Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two years without the Mistress I have started building a new power plant for her.
Starting with a new LML block beefed up with SoCal billet caps and a girdle from the Dmax Store. The main journals of the new block will hold a Calies DuraStar crankshaft and Carrillo rods. The valves will be actuated by a Competition Cams stg2 LST bump stick.

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks to Joe Lutz the next part to grace this build will be a 2020 L5P oil cooler. The extra cooling capacity will help draw the extra heat out of the oil from the S483.

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Almost forgot a little dress up for her I bought a long time ago. When finished this motor will be topped off with a set of blue billet SoCal valve covers.

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally I had planned on building my own compound setup with the S483 I have but not having the time I have a call into Scott at SDP.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Congratulations on the new thread. In for the duration.

Reactions: 56taskforce

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Looking forward to watching this come together for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another pic of parts for the Mistress. If she doesn't turn out to be a bad bitch she is certainly a spoiled one LOL

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Looking good Grant.

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
I'm in for the build as well Grant!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bit of a set back and a little more money needing to be spent. Bad thing is the money isn't even going for cool parts it's un unanticipated shipping.
Unable to find a trusted local machine shop willing to line bore the block. Even called Scott at SDP and asked if he knew of any one. Under Scott's advice I will be shipping the block assembly to Guy at SoCal to install his caps.

·
Registered
19,760 Posts
A bit of a set back and a little more money needing to be spent. Bad thing is the money isn't even going for cool parts it's un unanticipated shipping.
Unable to find a trusted local machine shop willing to line bore the block. Even called Scott at SDP and asked if he knew of any one. Under Scott's advice I will be shipping the block assembly to Guy at SoCal to install his caps.
How much in freight do you think you’ll have grant?

·
Registered
18,286 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you want to go see Guy???

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
In on this!

·
Registered
18,286 Posts

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
Why not see if Scott can ship it for ya. Should be able to ship it cheaper and you could pay him what he has to pay.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Yah, corporate account rate is a lot lower. I was shipping 3/4 truck loads from Vancouver to Portland for less than $500 CDN a couple of years ago.

You at least need to call and get quotes from the LTL department.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts