Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ok this my have morphed into an LML with LBZ heads LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The 2020 L5P oil cooler is in my possession and joined with the pile of parts...
Really hoping Edelbrock releases their LBZ heads soon...

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes Sir I think you used plenty of tape LOL

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just ordered two more pieces to the puzzle. LML upper pan and front cover comming from Wagler. Haven't yet been able to confirm if I can run an LBZ transmission adapter with my combination yet.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The 3.5" turbo fitting arrived yesterday...

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Still paying off the current batch of parts but getting close...
I am wanting to get the pistons but may need to wait for Edelbrock to release their LBZ heads. Reason being, on their other heads they've moved the valves inward slightly to increase swirl, this would affect where the valve reliefs are placed.
I am hoping the reason it is taking so long for Edelbrock to finish these heads is they have decided to make them with the L5P port design 😀

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Made a large payment towards the first pile of parts and made another order.
No pistons yet, like I stated in post above waiting on heads so I am sure about valve reliefs.
New parts ordered are Wagler pinned LML oil pump, LML oil pickup and drive gear. A PPE LML lower pan and LBZ transmission adapter mounting hardware.
In case you haven't caught on the oiling system of this motor is all a big upgrade over the original LBZ.
In case I am unable to obtain LBZ heads from Edelbrock I am looking into modifying L5P heads to except LBZ injectors as I believe the stock L5P heads are Superior to SoCal stg2 heads. Still hoping Edelbrock has plans on using the L5P ports in in the design of their new LBZ heads and that is what is holding up their release...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Have you tried calling and talking to anyone at Edelbrock

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
It’s going to take a lot of trial and error to see if the L5P heads work. They will bolt you, the L5P heads just have an extra smaller bolt along the top. Intake runners are a close match, but would would need to drill a few holes in the runners to make them bolt up. I never checked the coolant crossover pipe to see if it lines right up and bolts down.

Biggest thing I saw was the difference in pushrod length between the two. If you’re using the L5P rocker arm assemblies, will the L5P pushrods work, or will you need custom length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It’s going to take a lot of trial and error to see if the L5P heads work. They will bolt you, the L5P heads just have an extra smaller bolt along the top. Intake runners are a close match, but would would need to drill a few holes in the runners to make them bolt up. I never checked the coolant crossover pipe to see if it lines right up and bolts down.

Biggest thing I saw was the difference in pushrod length between the two. If you’re using the L5P rocker arm assemblies, will the L5P pushrods work, or will you need custom length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bolting them down least worrisome part. Making the Bosch injectors fit would be the greatest hurdle. The Delphi injectors are physically thinner than the Bosch but i doubt that there is enough meat in the head to be machined out to work. About the only way left would be to cut up a set of LBZ heads and weld the ports in the L5P heads. The wonderful thing about aluminum heads is this is doable.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Have you tried calling and talking to anyone at Edelbrock
Yup so far no release date just a confirmation still in development with no known plans of L5P ports being used.
Really need everyone to email Edelbrock with the suggestion to look at producing them withe L5P ports!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Looking for some opinions here.
Trying to choose engine colors.
Truck is black, I am also building a cowl induction hood from a 70-72 Chevelle hood and planning on dark metallic charcoal gray Chevelle SS stripes. I have a sett of blue anodized SoCal upper valve covers that will be going on as well. I am thinking either black peal metallic or titanium silver blue metallic for the block. Then should I paint the aluminum parts, (upper and lower pans front cover and transmission adapter or just clear coat and leave natural? How about turbos and plumbing illusion blue or black pearl metallic?

·
Administrator
1,037 Posts
Black block
Natural aluminum pans/adaptors
Blue turbos
Black plumbing.

Reactions: nashguy207

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Dam we really need the excavator on the property right now. This is going to divert some funds adding time to this build. Oh well it is what it is I guess...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Bummer I guess the track got old and tired

41 - 60 of 64 Posts