Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just watched this video and I am very intrigued on what they have to say. As always, you do all the dirty work for the greater good of the community and I thank you for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
So this still has the bypass valve in it?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Expensive filter at $36 but I guess it’s cheaper then the alternative .... I will probably stick to ACDelco or Baldwin for a sub $15 filter. I run about 5k miles a month so it would add up if I’m changing out $36 filter 8-9 times a year.....I’m cheap I guess.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run about 5k miles a month so it would add up if I’m changing out $36 filter 8-9 times a year.....I’m cheap I guess.
The idea is with it's huge surface area, it will stay on the engine allot longer.

I think the Blue Donaldson still has it beat, it both price and performance.

In the video, the guy pops off the little "shower cap" filter cover. The ONLY filters I've seen with those, were made in China.

I sent a email to PPE asking for real micron and efficiency numbers, as well as country of origin. They have yet to reply.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/maintenance/994055-lml-donaldson-dbl7483-oil-filter-conversion.html

·
Registered
571 Posts
So are you saying I can leave this thing on for 2+ oil changes if I average 6k miles before I change oil?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So are you saying I can leave this thing on for 2+ oil changes if I average 6k miles before I change oil?
Yes. I have the Donaldson on my LLY right now. I service it every 8k to 10k miles. I put the Donaldson on and am going for 16k miles before I take it off and send a sample to Blackstone to see how it did.

It's currently at 14k miles.....

Time will tell.

With 50% better filtration ( 20 micron vs 30 micron at 98.7% efficiency) and 3x the surface area over regular filters, it should go 16k miles .....easy.

They are $24....so $12 per 8k miles is in line with most other filters but offer much better filtration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts