Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up my new trailer brakes and no go on power to them. I used to harness that hooks into the truck right under the dash. Is there a fuse i need to check any help plz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You need to connect the wire taped up between the left fender and the fusebox under the hood. It connects to one of the lugs at the front of the box. There might also be a dummy fuse in the box as well.

There is another wire taped under the brake cylinder that connects to the other terminal. It is for trailer power.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh ok thanks. I figured the perv owner did because he had brakes they just didnt work. So i figured the unit was out it was really old looking

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
X2 on what Gregorio said i had the same problem until i realized it was a dummy fuse

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it. it was a 30amp big square fuse under hood blown.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have the Prodigy and like it very much...I think its a good choice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the wire and the fuse that I need to look for when I hook mine up?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I just put a prodigy in my truck also, on the harness that comes with the truck, it says if your truck has 2 batteries, throw fuse in trash. Does yours light up or anything? I haven't pulled anything yet, am I gonna be screwed if I need to?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just put a prodigy in my truck also, on the harness that comes with the truck, it says if your truck has 2 batteries, throw fuse in trash. Does yours light up or anything? I haven't pulled anything yet, am I gonna be screwed if I need to?
I wonder what difference that would make?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it lights up when nothings connected. we have them in our work trucks to they work great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts