Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XDP Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750 Filter, Bleeder Screw & Spacer is an easy way to upgrade the fuel filter on your 01-13 GM 6.6L Duramax. The durable anodized filter adapter simply threads on to the OEM Filter Head and allows you run the more efficient and less expensive CAT Filter on your truck. For an even easier filter change, we also include a filter head spacer to give you more clearance for filter changes, along with an aluminum bleeder screw to replace the factory supplied plastic version that is commonly damaged during routine maintenance.

Features:
Increased Filtration
Lower Cost Filter Replacements
No Modifications To Factory Fuel System Needed
Includes: Anodized Filter Adapter with O-Rings, CAT 1R-0750 Filter, Bleeder Screw, & Filter Head Spacer

Link: XDP Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750 Filter, Bleeder Screw & Spacer

·
Registered
807 Posts
Any chance you guys will ever offer different colors to add a little bling under the hood?

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question! Right now, it’s in black anodized.

What kind of colors did you have in mind? I can definitely take your feedback to the folks in charge and let ‘em know about it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a sparkled blue theme going on. Blue ano would look pretty sweet for me:thumb

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you run a higher risk of fuel gelling in the filter with a smaller micron filter? I have a new holland tractor that gells in the filter long before any other of my equipment does and I've always thought it was because it's a smaller micron filter

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
When running an unconditioned fuel in a cold climate, the fuel can gel or thicken, plugging a filter regardless of its micron rating. This why it's always best to run a winter fuel additive when operating in cold weather. We haven't had any issues, but it's definitely not a bad idea to keep an extra filter on board, just in case.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I keep some 911 and extra filters.

I have gelled before, threw in 911 without replacing filter and it cleared it out.:D

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys!
Just wanted to bump this thread by saying we have these back in stock and now you can see the installation instructions of this kit on our blog!

Link: XD171 Install

1 - 11 of 11 Posts