Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NEW XDP Fuel Sump is a solution to the common ¼ tank issues associated with using a draw-straw fuel pickup on an aftermarket fuel system like Airdog or FASS. The fuel sump installs on the bottom of the tank allowing fuel to be pulled from the bottom rather than the top. This allows for less strain on your fuel pump, more consistent fuel delivery and no chances of ¼ tank issues.

XDP Black Anodized Diesel Fuel Tank Sump Kit - No Tank Drop Install

Right now we are currently giving one away on Facebook! All you have to do is go to our facebook page & comment on our post. XDP - Wall | Facebook

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Nice! Great idea.... especially since you wouldn't have to mess with those damn quick disconnects to install a lift pump

Quick question though.... wouldn't it be more beneficial to put the sump as far to the rear of the tank as possible? seeing how the truck is going to be in forward motion, and the fuel is be pushed to the back more?

or am I missing something?

·
Ain't lookin' back
274 Posts
How is it that the horseshoe ring stays in place? I guess using gravity (ie, while installing from under the tank) would keep it in place.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
How is it that the horseshoe ring stays in place? I guess using gravity (ie, while installing from under the tank) would keep it in place.
could use a few small (and long) dowel pins (and an extra set of hands) to keep it aligned

·
Vendor
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Great idea.... especially since you wouldn't have to mess with those damn quick disconnects to install a lift pump

Quick question though.... wouldn't it be more beneficial to put the sump as far to the rear of the tank as possible? seeing how the truck is going to be in forward motion, and the fuel is be pushed to the back more?

or am I missing something?
Good question!

Because it is a universal part you could put it anywhere you feel it's appropriate. Here's the reason why we choose the center:

If you lay some fuel tanks on a flat surface you'll notice that everything sort of slopes down to the center. Also, the factory sending unit is also in the center or near the center of the tank as well. The OE draws fuel upwards from the center. We simply take it from the bottom.

With many fuel system upgrades whether it be a sump or drawstraw..etc, they all seem to be mounting in the center or near it.

Like mentioned below, you can use a few small dowel pins..etc. To get the first bolt started I spin the sump to the opposite direction which allows me to reach my hand in. Start the threads and then spin it back around to line up the rest of the holes. Once you get one started it's not too difficult to do the second. Even if it takes ten minutes of messing with it to align the ring from underneath it's still easier than dropping a tank.

could use a few small (and long) dowel pins (and an extra set of hands) to keep it aligned
Absolutely! A small pick,allen key...etc. can go right in and help you line things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts