Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got done retrofiting a set of projectors in my truck. This was cheeper tjen buying a set of crapy ebay projector and much brighter :) The light out put is so much better then aftermarket plug and play hids. The projectors have a hi low so i have normal low beams and 4 hi beams hella bright. Let me know what you think on them.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hell yeah, that's an awesome setup. what did you steal the projectors out of?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
looks factory......hell yeah

Maybe a DIY?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tthanks man i bought them new from theretrofitsource.com very great guys there too heres some night shots sorry for big pictures.

low beam

high beam

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Link? Price to do this? Looks great

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
My question is.....do you have any association with said place...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i dont just orderd some things from them from time to time

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those look great. I have some infiniti fx HID projectors sitting around that i've been wanting to retro into mine. time permitting, i'll get to it one day.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looks good and factory. I have a set of TYC Replacement Projector Headlght Housing's, i took them out for now as i find they didnt provide too much output. Definitly looked good though and didnt blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Just found this thread...awesome job! Ive been looking around to see if anyone had done the conversion with the 03-07 classic chevy headlights. I couldnt find any until now.

I think im gonna do this...

which bulbs did you go with? 4300k? 5000k? Hows the color...is it white or does it have a bluish color?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
i got projectors and hids for my his lows and fogs for 350 wow man
Yeah except you're forgetting that you have shit projectors that arent designed for HID's, and you have a cheap plug-and-play HID kit that puts the bulb too far forward into the halogen housing to work "properly". :rolleyes:

It might look like your lights are "really good" now, but its not the right way to do it. Thats like saying "wow man you paid $1,000 bucks for a set of chrome 20" wheels??? I just picked up a set of 16" steelies for 250!!!"

The way this guy did it, (buying the actual HID projectors that are designed for HID bulbs), the light output is 10x more even, the cutoff is sharper, you have true bi-xenon capability, and you wont blind oncoming drivers.

You are wasting your money if you think aftermarket "projector headlights" are just as good as what this guy did....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just found this thread...awesome job! Ive been looking around to see if anyone had done the conversion with the 03-07 classic chevy headlights. I couldnt find any until now.

I think im gonna do this...

which bulbs did you go with? 4300k? 5000k? Hows the color...is it white or does it have a bluish color?
Ya I had a hard time as well I'll try to find the link that helped me out. For the bulbs I went with the 4300k and there pretty white and I love then I would not go to 5000k. And your last post there could not agree any more I hate the cheep kits and thanks

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Ya I had a hard time as well I'll try to find the link that helped me out. For the bulbs I went with the 4300k and there pretty white and I love then I would not go to 5000k. And your last post there could not agree any more I hate the cheep kits and thanks
How come you would not go with 5000k? Did you get the "XB35" upgraded bulbs or the standard bulbs? Mini gattling gun shrouds?

When I order these I just wanna make sure I get everything right...from what Ive read/understand, its really tricky to do projector retrofits in the 03-06 chevy lights because there is very little clearance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just wanted a whiter light. I have Mini morimoto h1 bi-xenons and ya there mini Gattling gun shrouds. There a little tight but there a good lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow great job. I've been wanting to do this since I got my truck. Can you buy just the projector without the hid kit and will try fit the 9005/9006 style bulb?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, Retrofiting projectors are awesome. I did it on my bike, but ahven't thought about it yet on the truck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks pretty damn good to me now throw some HIDS in that bitch

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
looks pretty damn good to me now throw some HIDS in that bitch
Why dont you actually read his posts. He already does have "HID's in that bitch".

These arent projector headlights like I know you are thinking of. I really hope people actually appreciate what 06duramax91 did here...I feel like 90% of the people reading this thread are thinking "oh, yeah, cool! Its like those aftermarket headlights you see for sale in the internet, right!??? Badass!"

NO! :banghead:

They are actually REAL HID projectors (like you would find in an OEM-HID headlight) assemblies mounted in/retrofitted into stock OEM headlight housings.
The projector assemblies he used are actually designed specifically for an HID capsule, and an HID capsule only. This is nothing like/not the same as your common/average $30 plug and play HID "kit" like 99% of the rest of you guys all have.

Reactions: Josh154
1 - 20 of 83 Posts