Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New Rotella 10W30

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dirtymaxxfireman 
#1 ·
I tried the new 10W30 Synthetic Blend Rotella in my truck and i like it very well. Truck ran great on my 400+ mile weekend trip and at 16 bucks a gallon at wal-mart not to bad of a price.

#5 ·
I use Wix, I was a Napa Counterman/Outside sells rep for three years and i have a stack of certs through napa on filtration so im pretty much a napa gold wix diehard.

#7 ·
I wouldnt use anything under the 15-40 thats reccomended. Do you know what oil actually dose? Pulling a heavy load the crank and other components need the oil to give a clearance between engine parts. A heavy load will cause more strain on a motor and with a thinner oil it could cause internal parts to collide causing friction and :blowup

Pull a 10k trailer for a few hundread miles and see how it goes. Hope you got a warranty :drink

#15 ·
I dont tow with this truck and dont haul much with it anymore either because my trailer is a gooseneck and i didnt want to mess my rihno lining up. I use my grandpaws stroke for that.

#8 ·
10w30 will work fine. The benefit is improved mpg and better cold starts than 15w40. My owners manual says you can use 10w30 from 0-100 degrees. It was actually developed for the trucking industry so I wouldn't worry about pulling loads.

My current fill is Delo 10w30 and so far, the hot oil pressure has been the same as 15w40...

#9 ·
I have been running the 5w40 synthetic rotella and been very happy. I may have to look more into the 10w30.

#11 ·
i wouldnt run anything less than 40 weight if u want better starts in winter go to a 5w-40 instead of 15w-40 i wouldnt run a 30 weight in our trucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.