Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished installing my new South Bend sprung hub DD clutch and i'll tell you what this setup is great so far. Far less jerkey than the orig, much, much, much quieter than the orig. Also the Peddel ismuch softer also than the orig DD was!

Upon taking out my old one i found that the lining in the flywheel was badly damaged, not bad enough to keep it from doing its job but it had chunks of material missing, numorous crackes though out the surface of the lining. The button material was chipped off all along the edges of the buttons but nothing to major! And the surface of the floater and PP had lots of heat marks but that was expected!!

All in all im extreemly happy with both SBC setups i've had and i'm realy happy with how quiet the new one is!!!

More as it comes.....
Caleb

·
Registered
484 Posts
:rockin :gearjamin

Good Job! More abuse to come for the new one right? :D

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im sure it will get some abuse:rolleyes: !!!

Also when i removed the old sbc DD clutch i found that it had boogered up the input shaft a bit but not enough to warrent replacement of the shaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts